Question Core2Duo Processor

Feb 17, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Apologies if my question sounds weird, since I amn't a tech savvy. Just need some clarifications. I own a 10yrs desktop. The processor is actually a Pentium E2140 1.6 GHz. It hardly streams YouTube videos in 1080p format. Most of the time, it actually lags.
I'm planning to upgrade my processor to Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz along with a new motherboard that is compatible with it. Can a Core 2 Duo Processor 2.93 Ghz along with 2 Gb DDR2 ram stream YouTube contents in HD format, probably 1080p without any lag?

Feb 17, 2019
I could see the below listed information found in a sticker in my cpu cabinet.
Serial number: MB06665
Product Family: Lenovo3000H
Machine type: 5311
Model Number: 6AQ
Product ID: 53116AQ
Also, I could see this written on my MoBo.
GA-T672FXME
L-5672G

Not sure though, if that could be the serial number of the Mother Board.

D

Deleted member 14196

Honestly get yourself an Athlon 200 GE processor With the new motherboard and you’ll be even be able to game with that at lower to mid settings. New gigabyte an MSI motherboards allow you to overclock it and it will yield greater performance than an Intel i3

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-athlon-200ge

$50 and it’s got lots of game and can stream all day and you don’t need a video card

This one?
Just get discrete graphics card for your pc. GT 730 for example.

TB1B7r3GVXXXXXBXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

D

Deleted member 14196

The 200 GE processor has Vega three graphics integrated so if you do have a problem you can always add a cheap $30 video card as mentioned above but it should be fine all on its own.

In your case however if you can fit the new core2 cpu in your motherboard that might be the cheapest way to go with the cheap video card. Or as mentioned above just buy a video card and don’t bother upgrading your CPU

Last edited by a moderator: