Question Corrupt BIOS

Jan 6, 2020
So my bios in my Dell Inspiron 14r (N4110) is corrupt and I am wondering how to fix it. When I turn on the laptop the power light turns on but the screen doesn’t show anything. No sound is played from Windows starting up and nothing shows up on an external monitor.

Jan 6, 2020
What, if anything, changed with the laptop before this happened? What makes you think the BIOS is corrupted?
I toyed updating my BIOS and afterwords the computer did not show the Dell logo, just a black screen. And yes, I have tried unplugging and plugging the display in, which was a pain with the connecter inside on the laptop.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Plugging/unplugging the display serves no purpose, especially on a laptop where you are likely to damage the system doing so.

Were you attempting to update the Dell BIOS? Did this laptop have a BIOS password set for it before you attempted to change?

Have you contacted Dell about this matter?

Jan 6, 2020
Plugging/unplugging the display serves no purpose, especially on a laptop where you are likely to damage the system doing so.

Were you attempting to update the Dell BIOS? Did this laptop have a BIOS password set for it before you attempted to change?

Have you contacted Dell about this matter?
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. They said my warranty has expired so I could either buy a new warranty or a new laptop.