Corrupted Mico SD card, not sure what to do now

candiceee

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
My Android phone randomly started telling my SD card is corrupted, and I have tried to google ways to solve it, and so far nothing. I managed to get it hooked up to my computer, and using some software, I got all my pictures and things off of it, so everything being deleted isn't an issue. When I try to click on the drive itself, it tells me it needs to be formatted, but when I click format, it says it cannot format it, and to make sure it's inserted properly (it is), I tried to do a check disk, and it said something about RAW drives, and it couldn't do anything, and I just want to know what else can I do? I don't have another one or money to get a new one, so I would like suggestions on things to try before I give up and toss it

Solution
Well most manufacturer's offer such tools for their SD cards and flash drive, so I'm guessing that the official website and a probably a software download or a troubleshooting section. However if the manufacturer does not offer such a tool, you could check the web for a 3rd party flash drive/SD card formatting tool and give it a try.
As for the flash drive's warranty, I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about that, but contacting the customer support of the manufacturer should clear things up.

Good luck!
Hey there, candiceee.

You did a great job getting your data back! The chkdsk can't test RAW partitions and RAW partition means that its file system has been corrupted. This could be due to some sort of fault and ca usually be fixed by reformatting it, but having in mind the errors you're getting it might mean that the SD card might have failed.
Try reformatting it via its manufacturer's formatting tool, to see if that fixes things up. If it doesn't help you could try to RMA it if it's still under warranty.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

candiceee

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Any chance you could tell me where i would get said formatting tool? The SD card its a 64g Samsung evo micro SD, and i bought it off Amazon so I dont think its under any warranty

Well most manufacturer's offer such tools for their SD cards and flash drive, so I'm guessing that the official website and a probably a software download or a troubleshooting section. However if the manufacturer does not offer such a tool, you could check the web for a 3rd party flash drive/SD card formatting tool and give it a try.
As for the flash drive's warranty, I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about that, but contacting the customer support of the manufacturer should clear things up.

Good luck!

Solution