Corsair’s Carbide Air 740 Doesn’t Believe In Small Form Factor PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a small wine cooler. The front and feet are awfully ugly! Who's been designing Corsair cases the last 3 or 4 years? A chimp? :p

Go back to the drawing board, Corsair! You can do better than this!

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
"The company opted for more radiator and fan space over accommodating a rarely used device."

What are they insane. I got 5 HDD in my current case plus 2 SSD. Plus another 4 HDD in my server.

rarely used device my but.

Looks are in the eye of the beholder. The Corsair 600R was widely praised and loved by most.

5.25". You have 5 5.25" HDDs? Or did you mean 3.5" HDDs?

Considering the current design queues most companies have this is a case designed for people who want maximum cooling over high storage space.

You have 5.25 HDDs? Thats impressive, I haven't seen one of those in about 18 years.

Now 5.25 optical drives, those I've seen. Tho rarely these days since everything is downloadable.

I had a PC with a 5.25" HDD in 98. A Quantum Bigfoot. Was loud as hell.

On another note, I am surprised that there is no article about this case:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/crystal-series-460x-rgb-compact-atx-mid-tower-case

I think it looks better and want one.

Fickert

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
I personally love the look of the case. Sure eligance of simple cases with tempered glass is cool but the carbide was never meant to be an eligant design. They are make for the enthusiast. Which I feel it definitely hits the nail on the head.

That is literally the 5.25 HDD I was thinking of. They were so much fun to take apart, the magnets were frickin huge.

That case is very pretty. I think its the first tempered glass case I've seen that I've really liked. Corsair did a decent job of letting you hide all the ugly stuff behind shrouds.

SLI_Fallen

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
What a shame. No 5.25" bays for a DVD drive. I cant install any software, burn/copy disks without having to buy an external DVD to use this case? FAIL.

There are still cases you can buy with 5.25" bays but for the majoriity of enthusiasts it is useless.

Most software can be downloaded for install and even Windows 10 comes on a USB thumb drive if you buy a retail copy in a store.

Again, this case it not targeted towards someone like you, it is targeting people who want a ton of cooling and air flow without the need for a 5.25" bay. If you want both you buy the Corsair Obsidian 900D.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I cannot stress this enough and this is where they fail.

So in this huge a** case they could not make the front intake triple 140?
Then even a triple 120 or triple 140 in the top?
Why even give bottom fan intakes when there is no dust filter?
And who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to provide only 2 front USB ports?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.