[SOLVED] Corsair 1000D - trying to understand front panel I/O wires

Jack800

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Hello all,

Can someone who has the Corsair 1000D please let me know the wires from the front I/O panel:
  1. Power Switch - Power SW
  2. Reset Switch - Reset SW
  3. USB 3.1 Type-A (4 ports) - what wires are these?
  4. USB 3.1 Gen-2 Type-C (2 ports) - what wires are these?
  5. Headphone jack - is this the HD Audio wire?
  6. Microphone jack - is there a wire for this?
There are two wide head wires and two regular sized wires.
(Paid over $500 for this case and they can't even throw in a basic wiring diagram, #$%@!)

Please help anyone, thanks.

Jack800

Solution
they can't even throw in a basic wiring diagram
the case manufacturer has no idea which motherboard you may be using so they cannot provide a diagram where to connect the wires, each motherboard can be very different.

the front I/O button's & switch's cables will have identifying labels on them.
the USB cables will be easily identified by sight vs what the motherboard has available.
headphone/mic will share the same motherboard audio header.

to find where these should be connected to the motherboard you would need to look in your motherboard user manual.
there will be diagrams explaining what each set of pins and what each header are for.
along with their description, text included on the motherboard, and the labels on the...
they can't even throw in a basic wiring diagram
the case manufacturer has no idea which motherboard you may be using so they cannot provide a diagram where to connect the wires, each motherboard can be very different.

the USB cables will be easily identified by sight vs what the motherboard has available.

to find where these should be connected to the motherboard you would need to look in your motherboard user manual.
there will be diagrams explaining what each set of pins and what each header are for.
along with their description, text included on the motherboard, and the labels on the cables themselves it should be fairly easy to visually identify what fits where.

Solution

Jack800

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021

along with their description, text included on the motherboard, and the labels on the cables themselves it should be fairly easy to visually identify what fits where.
Hey JohnBonhamsGhost, thanks for chiming in and assisting!

Oh, I understand regarding the motherboard thing. I wasn't expecting to know where the front I/O wires were going to plug into the motherboard. I just wanted to understand what each of those wires represent. Some are labeled, some aren't.