[SOLVED] Corsair 32GB DDR4 2666MHz only runs at 2133MHz ?

Sep 23, 2021
Hey guys.

I have a AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4) mainboard. I checked the compatibility list and it said that this memory is compatible.

It runs at 2133MHz out of the box, and I really would like to have it run at least at 2666MHz if possible.
I tried using XMP in the bios but this does not increase the MHz unfortunately. I tried both "default" and "profile 1".

I then tried using the AMD Ryzen Master tool to increase the memory speed, but then my computer will not boot up. Well, it
does boot up after three tries and reverting the BIOS setting automatically.

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how to get the MHz to 2666? the memory kit itself should run at 2666MHz out of the box.

I contacted Gigabyte and they basically said "we dont care". They also told me to downgrade my bios (to try it out) to F8 or something.
I mean, I dont want to downgrade my BIOS to a 3 year old BIOS to be honest.

My specs are below:

Mainboard: AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4) (latest BIOS version)
GPU: NVIDIA Gefore RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X (Summit Bridge)
RAM: Corsair 32GB kit CMK32GX4M2A2666C16

Hope someone can help me out.

I took two screenshots that I included here.

HYUw-UMLn-W4-Zr-PCwgeh-OZCM8m.webp

2-Loo-QToyp-Atoq3-Jd-TRm-Vwptk.png

Hey guys.

I have a AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4) mainboard. I checked the compatibility list and it said that this memory is compatible.

It runs at 2133MHz out of the box, and I really would like to have it run at least at 2666MHz if possible.
I tried using XMP in the bios but this does not increase the MHz unfortunately. I tried both "default" and "profile 1".

I then tried using the AMD Ryzen Master tool to increase the memory speed, but then my computer will not boot up. Well, it
does boot up after three tries and reverting the BIOS setting automatically.

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how to get the MHz to 2666? the memory kit itself should run at 2666MHz out of the box.

I contacted Gigabyte and they basically said "we dont care". They also told me to downgrade my bios (to try it out) to F8 or something.
I mean, I dont want to downgrade my BIOS to a 3 year old BIOS to be honest.

My specs are below:

Mainboard: AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4) (latest BIOS version)
GPU: NVIDIA Gefore RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X (Summit Bridge)
RAM: Corsair 32GB kit CMK32GX4M2A2666C16

Hope someone can help me out.

I took two screenshots that I included here.

HYUw-UMLn-W4-Zr-PCwgeh-OZCM8m.webp

2-Loo-QToyp-Atoq3-Jd-TRm-Vwptk.png
Test with one stick of ram in the proper slot.
Can you get the speed to 2666?

Sep 23, 2021
I tried the red slots, computer wouldn't boot anymore.... just keeps trying to boot with black windows. I put it back in the black slots and its working again. I will test tomorrow with just one stick.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm that's not right. Tomorrow clear cmos with ram in red slots. In manual will mention these two are the slots they should be in. It's the same for every motherboard running two sticks.

Is fast boot on at all? Disable it if it is, it limits memory training.

Sep 23, 2021
Well... clearing the CMOS made my computer boot with the RAM in the correct slots. But two things.

1. BIOS version has been downgraded to a 2017 (F6) version.
  2. XMP is turned off.
As soon as I turn XMP back on and choose profile 1, the computer wont reboot anymore. It just powers on and stays on a black screen untill I clear the CMOS again.
I also checked that "fast boot" is disabled, and it is.

I am really clueless at this point.

Sep 23, 2021
Just tried 2400MHz and that seems to be working fine. Will use this for an hour or so to see if it is stable. After that I will try 2666MHz.

Thank you guys so much for all your help and patients with me ;)

Will let you know the outcome!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021
Yeah did it manually in the BIOS. It is working perfectly and stable now at 2666MHz. You guys are great! thanks so much!
I just have a couple of questions (to learn all of this) if I may.

1. Increasing the voltage on the RAM from 1.2 (stock) to 1.35. Won't that damage the RAM modules?
  2. How did you know what latency to put it? is there a way to figure it out? educated guess?

Again, thank you guys so much! I am so happy now that my RAM runs on the proper speed :)