Question Corsair 450w crashes when game starts

Jul 27, 2019
My pc restarts instantly when any game starts , when i replaces My Corsair 450W PSU with Zebronics cheap 450 PSU games works perfectly .
So in warranty period i replaced Corsair then they gave me new 1 but new PSU(replaced) is also behaving same
Dont know why Corsair like brand's PSU is crashing and Zebronics cheap sh*t is doing well

My rig specs

Zotac GTX 1050ti OC 4gb
Intel Xeon E3 1220
8 GB ram Kinsgton 1600 mhz
Gigabyte MoBO

Please help regarding same
Thanks in Advance

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is the Corsair unit a VS series one per chance?
If so, they're are poor quality budget line PSUs.

So it runs absolutely perfectly with the Zebronic? No issue at all?
Could be pot luck that you've received a faulty PSU in replacement. Did the replacement PSU come shrink wrapped and compeletely unopened?

Reactions: Anz Black
Jul 27, 2019
Is the Corsair unit a VS series one per chance?
If so, they're are poor quality budget line PSUs.

So it runs absolutely perfectly with the Zebronic? No issue at all?
Could be pot luck that you've received a faulty PSU in replacement. Did the replacement PSU come shrink wrapped and compeletely unopened?
Yes VS series
Zebronics works perfectly dono how
Yes replacement unit is fully packaged like new

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes VS series
Zebronics works perfectly dono how
Yes replacement unit is fully packaged like new
VS series are in history the cause of many problems, apparently they have newer models that are an improvement, but they are a budget line non-the-less. There is a misconception that a big brand means its good quality, which isn't true.

If another PSU works perfectly fine, then it probably is just the other PSUs are faulty. Which I've seen quite a bit in VS series PSUs.

Just I would stick to good quality units going forward! The Zebronics still probably poses a risk too.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for replying
So if I will replace it 2nd time there are any chances that it will work? Or it's a compatiblity issue?
Shouldn't be a compatibility issue with PSUs, they're all ATX standardised (outside of manufacturers proprietary ones).

Yes there are chances it will work, however again, if it were me, I'd upgrade to a better quality unit than the VS series anyway. But if you contact Corsair and let them know, they have great support.

If it works perfectly with another PSU, it can only be your original PSUs to blame really.

Reactions: Anz Black
My pc restarts instantly when any game starts , when i replaces My Corsair 450W PSU with Zebronics cheap 450 PSU games works perfectly .
So in warranty period i replaced Corsair then they gave me new 1 but new PSU(replaced) is also behaving same
Dont know why Corsair like brand's PSU is crashing and Zebronics cheap sh*t is doing well

What does your VS450 look like?

Like this:

corsair-450w-gaming-vs450.jpg

Or like this:

81PXF67v%2BFL._SL1500_.jpg

And who did you exchange the PSU with? Corsair directly or some reseller?

TRENDING THREADS