[SOLVED] Corsair 5000D Airflow fan setup

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
I'm planning to buy a Corsair 5000D Airflow case, and i want to instal 6×120mm fans as intake(3 in the front and 3 on the side) as for exhaust i will have 1×120mm in the back and a 280mm AIO on the top(push pull configuration: 2×140mm push and 2×140mm pull). My question, are there to many fans as intake? I could always lower the rpm on the intake to balance the pressure inside the case, thus lowering the noise as a side effect.

Solution
Maybe that makes sense if there aren't enough vents to let air out of, you don't want to blow the sides off the case or anything but I doubt that could happen in a normal case. they aren't built that strong. Most have ways for the air to escape or even get in.

My last case had 3 x 180mm intakes and only 1 120mm fan as exhaust, that is hardly balanced and case still works now. Its sister case is still top of the Gamers Nexus CPU cooling charts 10 years after release.

So I don't think too much exists in normal situations.

You might find you don't need all 3 on side, but the 3 on front makes sense. Just thinking, the top one on the side and front might conflict with each other. I would just experiment with it on or off.

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021
no such thing as too much intake :)
as long as its all filtered, it blows all the dust out of case.

It sounds fine to me.
That's what i said, more fresh air the better,but some "professionals" say that you shouldn't have to much possitive pressure in your case

Colif

Win 11 Master
Maybe that makes sense if there aren't enough vents to let air out of, you don't want to blow the sides off the case or anything but I doubt that could happen in a normal case. they aren't built that strong. Most have ways for the air to escape or even get in.

My last case had 3 x 180mm intakes and only 1 120mm fan as exhaust, that is hardly balanced and case still works now. Its sister case is still top of the Gamers Nexus CPU cooling charts 10 years after release.

You might find you don't need all 3 on side, but the 3 on front makes sense. Just thinking, the top one on the side and front might conflict with each other. I would just experiment with it on or off.

Last edited:
Solution

Syn89

Commendable
Feb 10, 2021

Each set of fans will have it's own controller hub, so i can play with the rpm, i can lower the rpm on those on the side. I know i don't necessarily need the 3 on the side... but the sweet RGB :)

TRENDING THREADS