[SOLVED] Corsair AIO cooler for LGA1700

Dec 5, 2021
Hi, please let me know which of the following AIO cooler will be best:
  1. Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler 240mm
  2. Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT - 360mm Liquid Cooler
  3. Corsair 360mm H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
  4. Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE - 240mm Liquid Cooler
  5. Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE - 360mm Liquid Cooler
I am buying a hardware bundle so my choices are restricted to above. Hardware configuration are:
CPU i9 12900k
Motherboard ASUS Z690 Maximus Hero
GPU: I am planning to buy this later but I would like the cooler to be good enough to support RTX 3090
PSU: Corsair 1000W 80 Plus Gold certified

(5) may be the best choice but I was wondering whether I really need to spend that much on cooling for the above hardware. I prefer the cooler to be as quiet as possible but also good enough. Are these AIO coolers quiet and how they compare to NH D15s?

Last edited:
Solution
a 360mm is better than 280mm, a 280mm is better than 240mm. just make sure the case you choose has adequate mounting options for whichever you choose.
usually the only difference between most of the Corsair designs are the pointless RGB effects and the type of fans that are included.

check which fans each has included.
then compare the air pressure(mm H20), the airflow(CFM), and the noise produced(dBA).
you basically want the highest air pressure but if sound is a factor for you, you also want a good lower level dBA.
you can also choose to just replace the fans with something better like Noctua iPPC NF series.

the 12900K is going to run rather warm so you want something with some good performance to keep it cool.
which type of cooler...
a 360mm is better than 280mm, a 280mm is better than 240mm. just make sure the case you choose has adequate mounting options for whichever you choose.
usually the only difference between most of the Corsair designs are the pointless RGB effects and the type of fans that are included.

then compare the air pressure(mm H20), the airflow(CFM), and the noise produced(dBA).
you basically want the highest air pressure but if sound is a factor for you, you also want a good lower level dBA.
you can also choose to just replace the fans with something better like Noctua iPPC NF series.

the 12900K is going to run rather warm so you want something with some good performance to keep it cool.
which type of cooler is best for your situation usually depends on the case you're using, it's airflow, and it's mounting options.

Solution
Dec 5, 2021

which type of cooler is best for your situation usually depends on the case you're using, it's airflow, and it's mounting options.
Thanks. Both (3) and (5) are 360mm, but I don’t know the precise difference between the two.

I don’t know the precise difference between the two.
actually look at and compare their specifications.
they will be listed on most retail sites that carry them and on their manufacturer product pages.

you may see a slight difference in radiator thickness but it's usually all aesthetics & fan differences.