[SOLVED] Corsair Air 540 vs Phanteks Pro M for air cooling

Solution
I'm a fan of Fractal design, so you won't get any arguments out of me on that case although I do have to say that I don't particularly like the LOOK of the weird angular front mesh panel but my understanding is that the geometric angles of the mesh are "supposed" to "maximize airflow intake" while also reducing noise levels. I don't know about all that, but any open mesh front panel definitely helps with airflow so it certainly isn't going to be WORSE than any other full mesh front case. Internally, it's much the same as some of their other cases and for the price it's a pretty decent option.
Both are good when it comes to airflow although it will primarily depend on what you populate (And IF you populate) the fan locations with that don't come with fans preinstalled.

Honestly, MOST modern cases are fine so long as you add a couple fans because pretty much none of them come with more than one or two fans preinstalled and those that do typically come with RGB fans that have terrible airflow specifications. If airflow is your primary concern, then I'd suggest the Air 540 is probably the better choice but both are good.

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Both are good when it comes to airflow although it will primarily depend on what you populate (And IF you populate) the fan locations with that don't come with fans preinstalled.

Honestly, MOST modern cases are fine so long as you add a couple fans because pretty much none of them come with more than one or two fans preinstalled and those that do typically come with RGB fans that have terrible airflow specifications. If airflow is your primary concern, then I'd suggest the Air 540 is probably the better choice but both are good.
I was also considering this Fractal Design Meshify C TG Lt

boom!

I'm a fan of Fractal design, so you won't get any arguments out of me on that case although I do have to say that I don't particularly like the LOOK of the weird angular front mesh panel but my understanding is that the geometric angles of the mesh are "supposed" to "maximize airflow intake" while also reducing noise levels. I don't know about all that, but any open mesh front panel definitely helps with airflow so it certainly isn't going to be WORSE than any other full mesh front case. Internally, it's much the same as some of their other cases and for the price it's a pretty decent option.

Solution