Corsair Bulldog vs Fractal Node 202?

tkline

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016
Hi folks. I'm going to be building a game PC for my TV. I'm going to go with a smaller case that can sit next to my cable box and blu ray player. I was looking at the new Corsair Bulldog 2 and the Fractal Design Node 202. I can't decide which would be better. Have you build a system with either of those cases?

I like the look of both, I like that the bulldog comes with a motherboard and other stuff, but I think if I get my own and go with the Node 202 the prices will still be similar in the end. Guess I'm just interested in which will be easier to build? I don't plan to overclock it so I'm not really worried about heat... or should I be?

Any advice or tips?

Zanees19

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
The bulldog 2.0 will definitely be easier to build in so if you're only concerned about the final product then go with that. However I find that researching parts and putting in the time can be oddly satisfying when you do it from scratch. But from the sounds of it I think you should go with the bulldog 2.0

tkline

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2016
Oh, I thought the bulldog would be better for heat since it’s bigger. I wasn’t going to get that liquid cooled GPU they make for it, but take my 1070 out of my current PC and put it in there. I was also planning to go with a single 1 TB M.2 card for my hard drive, so I wouldn’t have any extra cables for drives inside.. But I would have to take the motherboard out to install it in the bulldog, since M.2 is on the bottom side of the board.. so that got me thinking it might be easier to just go with the Node 202 since I’d have to take the bulldog apart anyway.