Corsair C70 Front Panel Mod: How would you go about this?

oOSlushyOo

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Hey guys, I am considering doing a light mod to my relatively new C70 case. I would like modify the front panel to have one long piece of grill mesh. This would mean taking out the original mesh and the 3 drive bay covers. I will be replacing it with MNPCTECH's honeycomb moder's mesh, which closely resembles the factory mesh: http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/modders-mesh-honeycomb.html

Is there anyone in the community that has done a similar mod to this? If so could you please link some pictures and tips on how to go about getting this done. My main concern is how I would secure the mesh to the front panel.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Solution
pop out the covers... and install some sort of clips like the plastic ones already used to secure it down. the mesh would need some sort of plastic or metal wire frame behind it to keep it sturdy.

the clips could be glued on but mounting them from the faceplate with bolts or screws would be stronger. anything from two pieces of metal stacked one longer than another (to form a lip which is raised off the surface of the rear panel to slip the mesh and support frame under) to just one piece of metal to just putting tabs on the mesh frame and running a bolt through... to...... well you get the point.

looks pretty easy to me
Corsair-C70-front-panel-off.jpg

Corsair_Vengeance_C70_PC_Case_Front_Removed.jpg

Small%20(1%20of%2010)%20G.jpg

look here is one done already
DSC02402_zps51e128ac.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1422597/build-log-corsair-c70-with-twin-xspc-ax360s

pop out the covers... and install some sort of clips like the plastic ones already used to secure it down. the mesh would need some sort of plastic or metal wire frame behind it to keep it sturdy.

the clips could be glued on but mounting them from the faceplate with bolts or screws would be stronger. anything from two pieces of metal stacked one longer than another (to form a lip which is raised off the surface of the rear panel to slip the mesh and support frame under) to just one piece of metal to just putting tabs on the mesh frame and running a bolt through... to...... well you get the point.

looks pretty easy to me

Solution