Question Corsair Carbide cases

Aug 15, 2019
Good day all,

Looking at cases at the moment. I like the looks of these series cases. I don’t care about RGB lighting. I’m looking for a case with good dust screens, and good cable management options. A side window is preferred. I like a nice clean build, without all the clown lights. Not running the latest and greatest hardware, nor am I into OC’ing. Looking to cool the system with air. So a well breathing case would be ideal. Thanks in advance!

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I just checked out the Corsair Carbide series cases, and for decent airflow and understated yet good looks I would look into this one:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/spec-04-config/p/CC-9011109-WW

IMO, a mesh front case that can accommodate plenty of case fans is ideal for an Air Cooled CPU.
I currently have a Rosewill Challenger Mid tower (mesh front case) with 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans.
My case has excellent airflow and is a big part of the reason that my 3700x idles at 32 to 34c and maxes out at 60-62c after hours of gaming.

Reactions: DutchCanadian
Aug 15, 2019
I just checked out the Corsair Carbide series cases, and for decent airflow and understated yet good looks I would look into this one:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/spec-04-config/p/CC-9011109-WW

IMO, a mesh front case that can accommodate plenty of case fans is ideal for an Air Cooled CPU.
I currently have a Rosewill Challenger Mid tower (mesh front case) with 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans.
My case has excellent airflow and is a big part of the reason that my 3700x idles at 32 to 34c and maxes out at 60-62c after hours of gaming.
I was looking at the same case but the spec-05. Liking the looks of that one a bit better

Reactions: DMAN999
Aug 15, 2019
I like the carbide cases.
One issue I have with them is the limited height available for a really good air cooler.
Only 150mm is available.
That will allow something like a cryorig H7 @145mm but nothing better.
Was planning on running a Zen 5 2600(X) with the stock cooler. Heard good things about them. Not into OC’ing so it should work im thinking?