[SOLVED] Corsair Case Fans Model Name Confusion

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
My Corsair D450 case came with 3 fans. The case specs show them as
AF 140 "L". How do the AF140L differ from a straight up AF140? I am wanting to buy replacements over here. Also, since i have asus fan expert, should i buy the Performance model? Thanks

Solution
You can use whichever fans you wish to. Some push more air, some push less air but harder, some are quiet at higher rpms, some are quiet because they are low rpm. Unless there is a specific need, like aesthetics or rgb or color scheme, then any decent fan will do. Some are just more decent than others. So if you want to keep the same look, that's fine.

FanXpert is just a program. It'll run any fan that's on the header, 3pin or 4pin, all are compatible. FanXpert changes voltages or signals as it needs to, it doesn't matter or care which brand or model.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I just found that the L is way cheaper than the other. There are so many considerations with fans, i.e., PWM vs DC, static pressure vs not, bearings vs sleeve, it really makes it hard for me to decide.
Would someone suggest what fans i should get? Under $20
My Asus motherboard requires 3 pin connectors. Asus has the Fan xpert software(when i look in the bios, it shows my 3 fans spinning) I'd need fans that would work with Fan expert.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
The L version run at 1000 RPM while the other is 1150; does that little difference matter? The CFM is nearly the same on both. I can live without rubber mounts and colored rings so can i just get the same fans that came with the case?
I'm not overclocking

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can use whichever fans you wish to. Some push more air, some push less air but harder, some are quiet at higher rpms, some are quiet because they are low rpm. Unless there is a specific need, like aesthetics or rgb or color scheme, then any decent fan will do. Some are just more decent than others. So if you want to keep the same look, that's fine.

FanXpert is just a program. It'll run any fan that's on the header, 3pin or 4pin, all are compatible. FanXpert changes voltages or signals as it needs to, it doesn't matter or care which brand or model.

Solution

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Thank you; that clears my mind comepletly. i'm on hold with corsair right now to see about honoring a waranty. so i'm just gonna get more of the same. Thanks again!