Corsair CMx 450w Fully Modular PSU cables

FusionPointInc

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hey, I have a MSI B250I Gaming Pro AC Mobo, an SSD, HDD, 1050 ti, and a Corsair 450w Fully Modular PSU. Which cables do I need to plug into the PSU?

Solution
You should have (2) cables permanently attached to the PSU. One is the 24pin ATX, and the other is an 8pin EPS/CPU connections. Both of these connect to the MOBO. The EPS connection does split into (2) 4pin connections since your board only has a 4pin connection. For your other devices, you'll see a cable labeled PCIE, this is for your GPU. You'll plug the solid 8pin into the PSU where it's labeled "PCIE" and the end with the 6+2 into your GPU. The last cables will be for your HDD and SSD. The 6pin cable with flat connectors that have a L-shaped opening will connect to your drives. This cable can connect to any of the 6pin ports on the PSU. The other cable with the 4pin flat connectors may not be needed unless you have some...

Corsair Nick

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
You should have (2) cables permanently attached to the PSU. One is the 24pin ATX, and the other is an 8pin EPS/CPU connections. Both of these connect to the MOBO. The EPS connection does split into (2) 4pin connections since your board only has a 4pin connection. For your other devices, you'll see a cable labeled PCIE, this is for your GPU. You'll plug the solid 8pin into the PSU where it's labeled "PCIE" and the end with the 6+2 into your GPU. The last cables will be for your HDD and SSD. The 6pin cable with flat connectors that have a L-shaped opening will connect to your drives. This cable can connect to any of the 6pin ports on the PSU. The other cable with the 4pin flat connectors may not be needed unless you have some legacy devices. If you need it, it is plugged into any of the 6pin ports on the PSU. That should cover all your connections.

Solution