Question corsair cv quality?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
the 0 rpm mode is suddenly not working. the fan spins even at idle. maybe not loud but its higher than my case fans at 800 rpm.
it could be coil whine but that dont explain that the o rpm mode suddenly not working.

the 0 rpm mode is suddenly not working. the fan spins even at idle. maybe not loud but its higher than my case fans at 800 rpm.
it could be coil whine but that dont explain that the o rpm mode suddenly not working.

Is the PSU intaking hot air? The Zero RPM fan controller controls the fan based on temperature, not load, despite the marketing stating otherwise.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
its getting hotter here but not that hot. not sure what happend it got slightly more crowded in the case after installing the gtx 1060 compared to the rx 560 i had Before but temperatures still good.

its getting hotter here but not that hot. not sure what happend it got slightly more crowded in the case after installing the gtx 1060 compared to the rx 560 i had Before but temperatures still good.

Are they? How are you checking the temperature of the PSU intake air? What case are you using? How is the PSU oriented?

Can you take a picture of the inside of your PC showing the orientation of the PSU and where it's drawing air in from?

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
only option i had to install the psu in this case was with the fan facing down drawing air from bottom intake . i know its not optimal but only way it could be installed in this case.
using svive luna s 100w.

only option i had to install the psu in this case was with the fan facing down drawing air from bottom intake . i know its not optimal but only way it could be installed in this case.
using svive luna s 100w.

No. It's fine. In the SVIVE Luna S100, you can only put the PSU fan down, but that's good because then it's pulling in cooler, outside air. So if the zero-RPM fan mode is not working, it could very well be the fan controller is broken. Good news is, your PSU couldn't possibly be over 2 years old, yet it has a 5 year warranty. So you should be able to get the PSU easily replaced.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
im not sure yet. i only used it for the first time in a month a few days ago since i waited for the graphis card . Just trying it again and pressing lightly on the psu shroud it suddenly shut up. im gonna try reseating the psu . its only 1 month old so i guess i can return it if it gets loud again.
i had real bad Luck with psus for many times in a row now i hope this one stays working rmas is alot of work.
thanks for your advice johhny guru.

i just took the psu out of the case and the 0 rpm mode is working and its quiet again. stopping all other fans i still had fan noise . turns out this was coming from the 2.5 hdd mounted on same side as the psu shroud. i Heard loud hdds Before but never heard one like this before it had sound like just a slightly loud fan.
sorry corsair this is a good quality psu.

Last edited:

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
im not sure at this Point. maybe it was the hdd i Heard all along? i never Heard a hdd sound like this Before.
looking at the psu there is no marks on it or anything it seems ok. i would buy this psu again i got it for a very good price at black friday sales. now its double the price.