May 7, 2018
My PC Specs are:

Intel i5 7400 3.00 GHz
Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
16gb DDR4 Ram
Gigabyte B250 M D2V Motherboard
1 TB Hard disk
PSU: CORSAIR CX600

I use my PC for around 14 hours daily mostly for Internet surfing and day to day stuff and for casual gaming. Playing games like PUBG and CS GO. Will CORSAIR CX600 be able to handle this? I already have bought it so can't replace it for at least one year.

Solution

Your build does not use full 600W all the time, so should be fine.
power draw of your pc should hold on 500W so 600W unit should be capable of 24/7 operation.

Your build does not use full 600W all the time, so should be fine.
power draw of your pc should hold on 500W so 600W unit should be capable of 24/7 operation.

Solution
May 7, 2018

Thanks for your help

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

the cx 600 unit is the older design, its internals will probably not last long under gaming loads given the long hours you intend to play

you might get a year out of it /shrug

XD ahhh russian rouletee

May 7, 2018

I don't play games for 14hrs a day on it. Usually, play like for 2-3 hrs. For the rest of the time, my pc is just used to surf the internet

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

i see

I got stuck on the "14 hours a day "

XD

then yeah it should last, its not like its a tin can level psu and you dont have a 290x or OC'ed cpu

bignastyid

Titan
The older CXs like yours are notorious for dying young, even when not being taxed hard.

I used 5 of them 4 out of the 5 failed in thier first year and 5th wasn't too far behind. 2 were in systems using just the igpu, so a lite load.

For a couple years I was seeing on average atleast 1 thread a day here pertaining to a CX failing as thier price, the Corsair name and good initial reviews had made them popular. Another Mod here has a CX600 fail and it took out his motherboard. The most common issue you'll see when they start to fail is shut downs/restarts under load.

USAFRet

Titan

Yup, that would be me...:kaola:

May 7, 2018

I can not upgrade it as I just recently bought it. Can it not handle my current build?

bignastyid

Titan

The old CXMs are the same as the CXs just modular. It's the newer 450, 550 and 650w CX and CXM units that use a better platform and are decent power supplies.

bignastyid

Titan

:spamafote:
Doesn't seem like you have much choice but to try and pray if it does go out before you replace it hat it doesn't take anything with it. This is one of those times where you should have asked before you bought.

I would recommend replacing it as soon as possible.

Getting a good quality PSU is much cheaper than replacing your MB and GPU when the PSU goes.