[SOLVED] Corsair cx for a budget build.

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Hey experts it's just as the thread suggests, Is a corsair cx 500w a fire hazard or able to damage my system in any way. The gpu I'm using is an RX 570 4gb with an i5 3470 and plz Dnt suggest diff parts cuz where I live; which is Pakistan, this is the only PSU in my budget Thx for the read!

Solution
It prob is I'll have look but how is the less power output one better?
Because wattage alone is meaningless and Corsair decided to keep the CX brand even though they completely overhauled the CX range. The CX450 has a more modern design and is better quality, as long as the psu is adequate for the job always take quality over wattage. The CX450 is enough for that system but if you want headroom for the future there is the CX550 which is also newer and better quality.
The CX500 is not in the ‘fire hazard’ category but it’s a fairly low quality unit that uses an out of date design with minimal protection. They also have a reputation for premature failure and killing other components. Is the more modern and better quality CX450 available?

Faaz__

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
The CX500 is not in the ‘fire hazard’ category but it’s a fairly low quality unit that uses an out of date design with minimal protection. They also have a reputation for premature failure and killing other components. Is the more modern and better quality CX450 available?

Because wattage alone is meaningless and Corsair decided to keep the CX brand even though they completely overhauled the CX range. The CX450 has a more modern design and is better quality, as long as the psu is adequate for the job always take quality over wattage. The CX450 is enough for that system but if you want headroom for the future there is the CX550 which is also newer and better quality.

Solution