Question Corsair ddr3 4gb

LionKing12

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
Mixing different types of RAM can cause problems, though rare but these can happen. If your motherboard has the necessary three slots, then you can give it a try as I have seen many people successfully pull it off, but be prepared to not be able to make it work on first attempt, and having to return the new kit at least once if it does not work.

The two channels just means there only two physical paths connecting the RAM to the CPU; but two RAM slots share one path to give you four slots total - if your motherboard has 4 slots, you can install 4 RAM sticks without issue.

LionKing12

Honorable
Nov 12, 2015
Mixing different types of RAM can cause problems, though rare but these can happen. If your motherboard has the necessary three slots, then you can give it a try as I have seen many people successfully pull it off, but be prepared to not be able to make it work on first attempt, and having to return the new kit at least once if it does not work.

The two channels just means there only two physical paths connecting the RAM to the CPU; but two RAM slots share one path to give you four slots total - if your motherboard has 4 slots, you can install 4 RAM sticks without issue.

how stupid of me to not state that im going to use the exact same model of ram I'm using right now, I bought these 2 (Corsair vengeance ) separately, they were not a single pack, so I'm just adding the same model again I'm only worried whether 3 rams will work properly (same make)

how stupid of me to not state that im going to use the exact same model of ram I'm using right now, I bought these 2 (Corsair vengeance ) separately, they were not a single pack, so I'm just adding the same model again I'm only worried whether 3 rams will work properly (same make)
Even the same make and model can indeed cause issues, but like I said these are fairly few and far between, there's no problem in using 3 sticks, although it is not ideal but it will indeed work most of the time. But like I said, be prepared to do some troubleshooting and/or returning the RAM for a replacement.