Corsair Dominator RAM giving DRAM error light in new build

Sep 6, 2018
Hey guys.

So I tried to exhaust all my options before coming here. I’ve just upgraded three hardware components in my build — CPU, mobo, and RAM. When I go to boot, everything turns on normally and sounds as it always has...except for my monitors. I’m not even getting a POST! I can’t test other RAM because the mobo takes DDR4 and my old RAM was DDR3. I also for the life of me cannot find my little mobo speaker so those trusty beeps are not available to decode. In addition, I only have 6 of 9 standoffs installed. However, given that literally every other component seems fine, I doubt that’s the issue. The only feedback I’m getting from my hardware is the light on my mobo indicating DRAM is the issue. I’ve taken the following steps to troubleshoot (with no success):

I have tested each stick of RAM in each slot on the mobo, together and separately.
I have tried turning on the “slow mode” switch on the mobo.
I have used the MemOK! Feature.
I have tried using the onboard graphics, with and without my GPU installed.
I have changed where the CPU fan is plugged in.
I have used the “Clear CMOS” button.
I have pressed the BIOS refresh button though it was never lit in the first place.
I have unplugged some of my SATA drives.
I have double checked that my PSU cables are properly installed.
I have confirmed that my CPU and its fan are properly installed.

That seems to be sort of the extent of what I can do without access to BIOS or POST. Any thoughts? Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8GHz (new)
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi AC (New)
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 (new)
GPU: MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 (Not New)
PSU: EVGA 850w 80 Plus Bronze (Not New)
HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 3TB (x2, not New)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (Not new)
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (Not New)
Case: Antec 900 Mid

Sep 6, 2018
UPDATE:

So I went to Best Buy and picked up some PNY Anarchy 2400mhz RAM. It posted! BUT. After tweaking the settings to get XMP going and to get it to accept 3200mhz, it won’t post again. With EITHER set of RAM. What’s going on? Consistently stuck at no post, q code 53.

TRENDING THREADS