Corsair Force LS CSSD-F120GBLS - is it real

Ilya Chainov

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Hello, I am planning to buy a SSD an Corsair Force LS CSSD-F120GBLS
( http://www.corsair.com/en/force-series-ls-120gb-sata-3-6gb-s-ssd )
seems like a good choose because the manufacturer speed declared is: Read-560 MB/s and Write-535 MB/s. And it's price is 72$ (in my country) so for this price, the speed doesnt seem real so if somebody can find out his real speed it will bee really helpfull. Then I should decide if to buy it or not.
Thx in advanced

Solution
Hello,

If you never use an SSD before, it will be a good upgrade. However, for a few dollars more you can go for a Crucial MX100 or a Samsung 840 EVO, which are much better.

In the SSD world, it's all about the controllers: Corsair uses Sandforce, which are very sensitive at what kind of files are transferred. Crucial (Marvell controller) or Samsung (its own three-core MEX) don't have such problem (the adertised speeds are slightly lower, but they can sustain that speed along all workloads). A good parameter to look upon is the IOPS (IOPS: Input/Output Operations Per Second, so the bigger the better).

Cristi72

Admirable
Hello,

If you never use an SSD before, it will be a good upgrade. However, for a few dollars more you can go for a Crucial MX100 or a Samsung 840 EVO, which are much better.

In the SSD world, it's all about the controllers: Corsair uses Sandforce, which are very sensitive at what kind of files are transferred. Crucial (Marvell controller) or Samsung (its own three-core MEX) don't have such problem (the adertised speeds are slightly lower, but they can sustain that speed along all workloads). A good parameter to look upon is the IOPS (IOPS: Input/Output Operations Per Second, so the bigger the better).

Solution