Corsair H100 GTX problems

Trekhrom

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
So I'm starting out building my first PC and I made my first major mistake. While installing my H100 GTX I ended up taking the Power cord meant to be plugged into the USB 2.0 Header at the bottom of the Motherboard and plugged it into my CPU_FAN 4 pin connector at the top of the board. While this causes the pump to work perfectly fine, I went to correct my mistake and inserted the power cable to the USB 2.0 header. Once I did this the pump would no longer startup. I reversed the change and put it back into the CPU_FAN 4 pin connector and the pump started again. But I'm guessing this is not good just to leave as is. It also cuts me off from Corsair Link software to manage the LED lights. Have I done any permanent damage?

Solution
well, you should have 3 cables. one to the USB header. and one to the 4pin connector for the power. and 1 more. it's a small one. 3 pins and if i am right only 1 little cable in it. that one should power the pump. that one must be in the CPU_FAN plug.

Mike

Mkarmelk

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
well, you should have 3 cables. one to the USB header. and one to the 4pin connector for the power. and 1 more. it's a small one. 3 pins and if i am right only 1 little cable in it. that one should power the pump. that one must be in the CPU_FAN plug.

Mike

Solution