Corsair h100i issue regarding firmware

Ordinem Lars

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Hi guys,

I've just bought my new custom gaming pc with the Corsair H100i. Everything is working as a charm, except for the fact that the cooling doesn't show up in Corsair Link, rendering me unable to change anything. So i tried to install new firmware for it, but when I started updating, it said: "Error loading firmware". I'd really appreciate it if someone can come with a fix. My Motherboard is MSI Z97-GD65. I've already seen suggestions about switching the usb headers that connects the pump to the mobo, but i can't seem to get the usb out. I also do not have an anti static wristband or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

-Lars

Ordinem Lars

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014

Pretty 100% sure that it is the basic version out of the box, as i haven't updated anything yet. Corsair link is version 2.4.5110

Ordinem Lars

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
After fiddling around a bit on the interwebs, i've found out that the h100i needs some tweaking in the registry, as well as updating the corsair link software to a beta driver, in order to be ran correctly on windows 8.1. It is working fine now. Thanks for your help!