Question Corsair H100i - Just installed - Pump not working

Dec 2, 2021
Hello all -

I am super frustrated with this as its been haunting me all night.

I just got a new case and the Corsair H100i for my CPU. I have installed them before so I know everything is hooked up right.

The USB runs from the cooler to a USB header on the motherboard.

The tac fan cable is plugged into the CPU_FAN header (Correctly seated)

The SATA power cable is plugged into a SATA power from the PSU.

Initially the pump seemed to turn on as it lit up and all the fans went full speed. Then the lights shut off on the pump, the fans kept spinning but not full speed, and it overheated.

The Asus Mobo is not recognizing anything plugged into the CPU_FAN header. I have tried using a case fan header and it still does not recognize it.

I am worried this one just lasted a minute or two and the pump assembly went out. I mean the fact that the fans are still running and their power comes from the pump assembly has me a little stumped.

Any help, please! I am super annoyed at this point.

In the past I have installed these on Asus Mobos with no issues, this is the first time on this type of mother board which is an ASUS TUF X570 PLUS wi-fi.

I am not sure if this Mobo has some strange setting in the bios I am missing or what.

Dec 9, 2021
Hello, did you manage to fix the problem? I just bought a new case and a new aio pump corsair h150i elite capellex and have pretty much the same problem. My 3 pin tach cable is plugged into the CPU_FAN header and at startup my monitor won't turn on as well as my mouse and keyboard, the fans spins normal except for the pump's radiator, it spins slowly upon startup, stops spinning, and spins again but slowly. Basically nothing is turning on except for my fans and RGB is working.

Dec 2, 2021
Hello ImTiniRi,
I actually did find the problem. The AIO was bad and actually shorted out my commander hub as well.

Both are being replaced by Corsair at this point. Try unplugging the AIO completely and plugging in a different CPU fan. If it boots, the AIO is bad.

It seems like something is wrong with their most recent AIO where it's shorting out and causing the USB header to stall the boot process.

Dec 9, 2021
Hello ImTiniRi,
I actually did find the problem. The AIO was bad and actually shorted out my commander hub as well.

Both are being replaced by Corsair at this point. Try unplugging the AIO completely and plugging in a different CPU fan. If it boots, the AIO is bad.

It seems like something is wrong with their most recent AIO where it's shorting out and causing the USB header to stall the boot process.
Is there nothing I can do but to switch out to another CPU fan?

Dec 2, 2021
That was the only solution I found. You can try just unplugging the USB header but you'll have no control over the pump. You'll likely need to call Corsair for a RMA.

Dec 9, 2021
That was the only solution I found. You can try just unplugging the USB header but you'll have no control over the pump. You'll likely need to call Corsair for a RMA.
Sorry am new to building pc, what did you mean by shorted out your commander hub, I know what a commander hub is, and what is being replace and did it work?

Dec 2, 2021
So the USB cable was plugged into the commander hub. The AIO shorted out and fried the commander because it was plugged into it. I have not received my replacements yet. Right when the AIO was turned on, it was on for a few seconds and then turned off and all my rgb fans turned off too. I then smelled burnt electronics and it was the commander hub that was toasted. I presume with a new hub and a new AIO, it will (fingers crossed) work just fine.

Dec 9, 2021
So the USB cable was plugged into the commander hub. The AIO shorted out and fried the commander because it was plugged into it. I have not received my replacements yet. Right when the AIO was turned on, it was on for a few seconds and then turned off and all my rgb fans turned off too. I then smelled burnt electronics and it was the commander hub that was toasted. I presume with a new hub and a new AIO, it will (fingers crossed) work just fine.
Oh I see, mine is working fine. RBG fans still on and spinning and basically everything is running, except my monitor, mouse, and keyboard are not working or turning on. When I power on my pc, I do hear a weird buzz noise coming from the AIO pump, is that normal? Also when I unplug the USB cable from the commander to test and see if my pump is working, I do feel heat around the pump and I think it's the CPU heating up, and the pump's radiator spins faster, does that mean my pump is working but for some reason my monitor keyboard and mouse are not turning on?

Dec 2, 2021
If it's getting hot around the pump then no your pump is not working, especially if the radiator is not hot. The USB cable connected to a bad AIO can register wrong and the computer won't post. Kind of like when you have a USB storage drive plugged in and the system doesn't like the content, it won't post.

Dec 9, 2021
If it's getting hot around the pump then no your pump is not working, especially if the radiator is not hot. The USB cable connected to a bad AIO can register wrong and the computer won't post. Kind of like when you have a USB storage drive plugged in and the system doesn't like the content, it won't post.
Should I get a new AIO not from Corsair?

Dec 9, 2021
It's not necessarily that it's Corsair that is the problem, just a bad AIO. Im never getting another Corsair after this as I have had multiple go bad.
Hello, I installed my stock AMD cooler back and now it's having the same problem: motherboard's leds are on, all the fans are spinning normally, nothing seems to be overheating, and my mouse, keyboard, and monitor still does not turn on. The monitor displays "no signal detected" at first then went all black. When I try plugging in the mouse USB charger in the motherboard, it charge my mouse normally. I also checked all the cables, and I also tried taking out the CMOS and putting it back in after 5 minutes. I don't know what's going on, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.