Corsair h45 good?

Solution
It's not bad and should be able to handle 4.4 ghz pretty well, but I would recommend an H100i instead if you plan on going 4.5+ ghz at any point.

Here's a quick chart on temperature comparisons. As you can tell, the H45 is smaller and would be around the ~H60 temps, if not hotter.

If size isn't an obstacle, the price jump to an H100 would be well worth it for more overclocking head room.

Here's the link (open the first tab under "i7 3770k"): (http://www.custompcguide.net/quick-comparison-between-corsair-h60-h75-h80-h90-h100-and-h110-liquid-cooling-series/)

Cheers mate, and good luck!

Woohoopy

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
It's not bad and should be able to handle 4.4 ghz pretty well, but I would recommend an H100i instead if you plan on going 4.5+ ghz at any point.

Here's a quick chart on temperature comparisons. As you can tell, the H45 is smaller and would be around the ~H60 temps, if not hotter.

If size isn't an obstacle, the price jump to an H100 would be well worth it for more overclocking head room.

Here's the link (open the first tab under "i7 3770k"): (http://www.custompcguide.net/quick-comparison-between-corsair-h60-h75-h80-h90-h100-and-h110-liquid-cooling-series/)

Cheers mate, and good luck!

Solution

hardly4

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
Hi,

It may be due to my own incompetence but I have had a lot of issues with the H45. The fan is loud (can be turned down to control somewhat), the pump is loud (I'm running that at "normal" to decrease the noise) but I see some people online have said that if you don't run it at full it can increase wear and tear. My unit didn't come with a manual either which didn't help and I note there is no online version of the manual. If you look carefully online you will find very few English language videos about this unit. Personally I would spend more and get something better and given this is my second average to bad experience with Corsair this will be the last watercooling unit I buy from them.