Corsair H60 Fan speed and noise porblem

peterryu

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Specs: AMD FX 6300 6 core
M5A78L-M Motherboard
Corsair H60 liquid cooler

I had Shadow Rock slim cpu cooler and changed it to H60 and it makes way to much noise. I heard if I turn the fan speed down it'll reduce the sound, but I dont know how to do that, btw I'm not super good with computer, so plz write step-by-step guide if you can. :) If there's other ways to reduce the sound please tell me. Also, what's a good fan speed?

Solution
It sounds like you may have your pump and rad fan connected to the wrong headers. The rad fan should be connected to the CPU FAN header so the BIOS can control its speed just like it did the fan on your old cooler. The pump needs to run at fullspeed all the time for best cooling and longer life. So connect it to a sys fan header that is at full speed all the time. Or even direct to any Molex connector from the PSU with an adapter.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It sounds like you may have your pump and rad fan connected to the wrong headers. The rad fan should be connected to the CPU FAN header so the BIOS can control its speed just like it did the fan on your old cooler. The pump needs to run at fullspeed all the time for best cooling and longer life. So connect it to a sys fan header that is at full speed all the time. Or even direct to any Molex connector from the PSU with an adapter.

Solution

peterryu

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

Thank you so much, it fix the noise problem, but when I go to BIOS it doesn't give me the option to control the fan speed, but anyways thank you:)