Corsair H70: Next-Gen Self-Contained Liquid Cooling

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Where's the Hyper 212? Scythe Mugen?...the H50? I've analysed a LOT of cooler charts, (and no offense) but Tom's uses some pretty random coolers as comparatives. More mainstream products would be great.

schiwing

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Couldn't get a Scythe Mugen 2 to test?

Were any of the heatsinks (besides the H70's) using 2 fans for the push/pull method or were they all push with a single fan? This clarification would be appreciated.

roast_pork

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I have just 5 words for you guys Danger Den Custom Liquid Cooling; anything that can keep 2 Xeon X5680's and 3 EVGA GTX 480's Sukperclocked cool and purring is worth the money; and it's silent.

G

If you don't like 'em, don't use 'em. I've been using an H50 on an i7-920 running at 3.8 ghz for almost a year now. I have 2 fans in a push/pull configuration blowing into the case. My temps are usually around 41-47c. I know of three of us that are using the same setup, and none of us has had any problems. Other than using some canned air to blow out the dust once in a while, there is no maintenance. Heck, I had to blow out my old air coolers, too.

emergancy exit

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
if it were me i would put both fans and have them run at low speed all the time. i would just rather the noise be constant then intermittent and and 8db difference at idle but only 1db more quiet at full load and hotter on auto.

the easy solution is to get quieter, more efficiant fans that use pulse not hard to find and only about 8-12 bux a piece no big deal.
i don't think this product was made to compete with air coolers i think it is made for awesome cooling in the future's smaller and smaller case. name another cooler that comes close at @4inches above the cpu ?

mergatroid

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
Washed out comments. I know this review is a little older, but all the people commenting on it are obviously biased against internal sealed water coolers.
I have been using an H70 for about 5 months now and love it. I have set it up using 2 Scythe PWM fans and a PWM splitter so the BIOs is controlling the unit. My Core 2 Quad 2.5GHs was reaching 72C before switching to this cooler. I got the H70 on sale for $79. I have overclocked my CPU to 3.3 GHz and my temps after an hour of Prime 95, with two HD6970 cards running furmark are 56c. You can see my build and tons of others at overclock.net in the hH50/70 club and more builds in the Graphite club and the Obsidian club amongst others. Considering how popular these types of coolers are getting, all you people are missing out.

This is an excellent cooler, and the value at the $80 price I got it for is great. Best of all, I don't have a big chunk of metal the size of a small motor hanging off of my CPU socket. I'll take this cooler over a massive air cooler any day.

BTW, to the person saying the H50 was prone to leaking...B.S. Link to it please. I have extensively researched this line of coolers, and the number that have leaked are a lot lower than the number of people with full water coolers who have caused their own leaks. Prone to leaking means a large percent. I bet less than 1% end up leaking, and most of them are because the people installing them caused a kink. I have seen a rad seam leak, and a couple at the barbs and that's about it.

On top of all this, Corsair will replace your damaged equipment if their hydro series product leaks due to factory workmanship. Their new hydro series coolers (H60, H80, H100) come with a FIVE YEAR warranty.

All I've seen here is biased comments from people who have never tried one of these types of coolers.

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
I just purchase H100.
Very nice i buy it $119 with promo from newegg.
My very first time purchase water cooling kit.
I am so happy with this unit.
I just set it low profile.
Even with low profile it cool my pc very well~

Status
Not open for further replies.