theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Iʻve had the Corsair H80 (watercooling system) for about 3-4 months now and a few nights ago, i installed a fan on the ceiling part of my USP 100 case. I went to put the H80 back in and it ran like normal. I shut my computer off then hooked up everything (like my 2 other monitors, headset, etc). When I started it up again, the H80 ran for 4-5 seconds then shut off. So then i restarted my computer and then a poof of smoke came out of the block part of the cooler. I also saw an orange spark under the light that indicates high speed for the fans. Im guessing itʻs dead now. I tried to contact Corsair about it but they didnt give me a reply. Has anyone else experienced this?

got an h80--but never had anything like that happen

usually corsair support is pretty good so dont know why you got no reply

where did you buy the h80?

as in the uk at least who ever sells it to you is who you should contact if its faulty not the manufacturer

may be different in other countries-i can only speak for the uk sales of goods act

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
oh thats probably it then. I bought it from Amazon but the it was by Corsair. hmmm. I was just wondering if anybody else experienced this problem. Amazon allowed me to return it so I still need to get a box. I ordered the Antec 620, which will be my new cooling system. Hopefully it will do the same job.

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Well, I consider overclocking my AMD ii X4 955BE from 3.2 to 4.1 is slightly heavy? Im starting to doubt the 620. I think I should have went with the 920 only because it is similar to the H80. The H80 never went passed 47 C and that was on full load. Ill have to reset my clocking speed once i get the 620 then from there, start overclocking and see what I get.

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hey Jack, thats a good review there.

mcnumpty, ive been doing a lot of extra research on the 620 and i have this feeling that my chip will go over the 50 C mark. Im not a fan of that.

There was a review on youtube about the 620 and the max load temp was 80 C!!!!!! and the user was comfortable with that!! thats crazy! i dont want my chip going over 50 C. If it does, i think im going to either buy another H80 or possible the 920. I really liked the H80. That only problem with it was the fans being loud but i didnt care much because I always had my headset on.

yep have to admit i changed the h80 stock fans for some silverstone air penetrators as the stock were too loud--as my pc is in

the main living room its got to be fast but still quiet

now even at 5ghz its really quiet

i also use a fan controller to give more control over noise/cooling than the low-medium-high you got by pushing the button on

the h80

fan controller was this one

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-sentry-mix-led-illuminated-fan-crontroller-with-six-50w-channels-5-led-colours-slider-controls

these are the fans i used--bit dearer but quiet even at 1500rpm and come with great leds if you like lights on your fans

these leds are in the fan hub not the frame and create a full circle of light not just lines of light

they also get brighter the faster the fan spins

come in red/green/blue or white leds if i remember

http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Penetrator-Channeling-1500rpm-AP121/dp/B003RRY9S2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337286915&sr=1-1

edit--wrong one no leds in that one--should be this one

http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Penetrator-Channeling-1500rpm-AP121-BL/dp/B00452V25Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337287321&sr=1-5

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
i thought i replied, i guess not.

Thats a sweet fan there. It looks like it has its own built fan grill. i can use that for the exhaust and the push/pull for the radiator! ill keep an eye on those fans. thanks for that info!

the built in grill is meant to channel the air into a more focused flow--this makes it ideal for forcing more air through the radiator

heres youtube video showing how its meant to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fC809TK0

and if like my case you put them on the side panel as well they have a nice silver finish to the grill

not the cheapest fans but i have no complaints at all with them

got some photos of them in my build somewhere if i can find them

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Yeah. They did ask me where i purchased it from. Im going to stick with corsair for a while. I have 12 GB of ram from corsair and it was pretty cheap. Like i said, corsair is great! Haha