[SOLVED] Corsair iCue 150 3 pin pump tach cable issue

Aug 12, 2021
How and where do I attach my 3 pin pump tach cable on the Corsair iCue 150 elite capellix to a 4 pin CPU Fan or CAP_OPT fan when they are 4 pin. Can I presume the CPU_OPT plug is 5V. The photo in the Gigabyte install shows teh fourth pin free and what appears to be a three pin cable. I presume similar to my question. My mobo is a Gigabyte Aorus Master. I presume my safest option is the CPU_OPT port. Is this correct? Or do I need peripheral fan management with a 5V RGV adapter and then fun a four pin back to the CPU_OPT area? I am truly stuck here and don't want to blow the Corsair or LED's

I will point out the Gigabyte site actually shows a photo of what looks like a three pin pump tach cable installed in a four pin plug as here appears to be a pin exposed for this exact board but I am not about to take a risk.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi
The 3pin single wire plug is the pump as you say tach wire or sense wire.
All it does is send pump rpm only.
So plug it in per instructions and if you get a cpu fan error on boot then the rest will help.

On My asus rog strix x470 f gaming mobo
When I hook that wire to the cpu fan header I get a cpu fan error upon booting.
So I have to set that header to ignore.

Depending on your gigabyte mobo you may experience that cpu fan error.
A way around that is set that header to ignore Or plug that wire into another header (Aio pump , pump header, or a sys fan header) but you will still be faced with cpu fan error because there is nothing plugged to the cpu fan header.

What I started doing is plugging the rear exhaust fan to the cpu...
Hi
The 3pin single wire plug is the pump as you say tach wire or sense wire.
All it does is send pump rpm only.
So plug it in per instructions and if you get a cpu fan error on boot then the rest will help.

On My asus rog strix x470 f gaming mobo
When I hook that wire to the cpu fan header I get a cpu fan error upon booting.
So I have to set that header to ignore.

Depending on your gigabyte mobo you may experience that cpu fan error.
A way around that is set that header to ignore Or plug that wire into another header (Aio pump , pump header, or a sys fan header) but you will still be faced with cpu fan error because there is nothing plugged to the cpu fan header.

What I started doing is plugging the rear exhaust fan to the cpu fan header and setting that fan to say 1000-1100 rpm across all tenps.

No more cpu fan error and you get the pump readings.

Reactions: Jamie B
Solution