[SOLVED] Corsair K68 RGB double typing

I have a Corsair K68 RGB Cherry MX red. Bought about 5 months ago. A month ago I cleaned it by taking off all the keys and using a brush to brush off the dust. It has a water resistant rubber layer so dust sticks to it instead of going inside. I think what has happened is hwile brushing some dust in some keys went and sat inside and now I'm getting double typing issues like multiple R and S and H key types. I mostly game so it's not a problem but it will become a problem when. I'm writing code once I start. Help! RMA/service? What to do? Any easy solution?

Solution
H
How do I take off the rubber mat? And the face plate? That feels like it's glued on And rinse it??? Isn't that like risky as hell?
No no, you unscrew all the screws on the back of the keyboard and then pop out the part ontop of the rubber mat. Then you can just take out the rubber mat and rinse it off, just dry it before you put it back on!
Oof, you're supposed to take all the keys off and take off the face plate, remove the rubber mat and then rinse it off under water.
Or atleast, that's how I go about it.
I would try taking all the keys off, taking off the rubber mat and try shaking anything that went inside out. Or use compressed air as well.

H
Oof, you're supposed to take all the keys off and take off the face plate, remove the rubber mat and then rinse it off under water.
Or atleast, that's how I go about it.
I would try taking all the keys off, taking off the rubber mat and try shaking anything that went inside out. Or use compressed air as well.
How do I take off the rubber mat? And the face plate? That feels like it's glued on And rinse it??? Isn't that like risky as hell?

H
No no, you unscrew all the screws on the back of the keyboard and then pop out the part ontop of the rubber mat. Then you can just take out the rubber mat and rinse it off, just dry it before you put it back on!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution
Okay! I'll try with compressed air first. I don't have the guts to try water just yet! I'm from India, Pocket money isn't a big concept. This was bought from parents' money, if they know I washed it and it accidentally gets wrecked (I've previously screwed up a charging port on my phone due to water damage) I will be left with Xbox 360 controller and mouse lmao

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Okay! I'll try with compressed air first. I don't have the guts to try water just yet! I'm from India, Pocket money isn't a big concept. This was bought from parents' money, if they know I washed it and it accidentally gets wrecked (I've previously screwed up a charging port on my phone due to water damage) I will be left with Xbox 360 controller and mouse lmao
I hope you have better luck with the warranty than I had with them.
After the 3rd time I sent it in for warranty work, I smashed it to bits.

The rubber mat is just held in place by that top plate, so once you remove it it's literally just like a rubber sheet. Water does not soak into it either so you can safely wash it with water and then use a towel to dry it, it'll dry right up!
Either way you gotta take it off to use the condensed air in the space underneath the mat!

The rubber mat is just held in place by that top plate, so once you remove it it's literally just like a rubber sheet. Water does not soak into it either so you can safely wash it with water and then use a towel to dry it, it'll dry right up!
Either way you gotta take it off to use the condensed air in the space underneath the mat!
Thanks for the help! Now I need to get that can of air first

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Oof. I just want this to last a couple more years. I'll buy another one then probably an aluminum top, off my own money then I don't have to stress about it so much
My K70 first time made it about 6 months, sent it in for warranty, worked about 3 weeks, back in about 3 weeks. After the 3rd warranty worked a few more weeks and I smashed the crap out of it and yes it felt so good.

I hope you have better luck with the warranty than I had with them.
After the 3rd time I sent it in for warranty work, I smashed it to bits.
Oof. I just want this to last a couple more years. I'll buy another one then probably an aluminum top, off my own money then I don't have to stress
My K70 first time made it about 6 months, sent it in for warranty, worked about 3 weeks, back in about 3 weeks. After the 3rd warranty worked a few more weeks and I smashed the crap out of it and yes it felt so good.
I can only hope to God that does not happen to me lol