Corsair K70 Keyboard unresponsive

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
I have had my corsair vengeance K70 keyboard(the older one) for half a year now with no problems what so ever. Last week i re installed windows and installed the driver for the keyboard again. I think i must have closed the driver while it was installing with the keyboard and think that is the reason it is now totally unresponsive.The only thing that works is the three white light at the top that either stay on permanently or flicker. Does any one have any ideas on how to fix ??

Solution
Uninstall the Corsair driver. Uninstall the HID Keyboard windows driver. Let windows recover the basic driver. I fixed mouse issues like this. I also run my K70 without any extra drivers. I find it working better this way.

Shneiky

Distinguished
Uninstall the Corsair driver. Uninstall the HID Keyboard windows driver. Let windows recover the basic driver. I fixed mouse issues like this. I also run my K70 without any extra drivers. I find it working better this way.

Solution

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

I have unistalled HID and still nothing ???

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

Tried that and still nothing all i am getting is the three flashing lights at the top :(

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

Sorry lost you there, do you mean the bios switch at the back that is 1 to 4?

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

Sorry that was me just- being blind lol :) I put the switch on 8 and booted into the BIOS and still no response?

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

I was just installing this http://www.corsair.com/en-au/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-cherry-mx-brown when it was in the process of doing something (talking to the keyboard?) it stopped and i thought there was something wrong so i closed the program and restarted my computer. Immediately then it just was unresponsive. I went and installed it again and again and nothing. It says when your in the program that closing it while its doing something could damage your keyboard. So that is what led me to believe it was the firmware that had made it like this

Shneiky

Distinguished
There is a good chance that you screwed up the firmware. IS your keyboard still in warranty? Contact Corsair and ask for assistance. Maybe a firmware fix of some sort. At first I tough it was a Windows issue, but apparently is a whole different story.

willz_13

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

Ok thanks for your help anyway