Corsair Launching Three Fast New SSDs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Marcus! To think that yesterday I posted a comment pointing out the streak of professionally written articles Tom's had lately. Oh well...

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I paid 450 for a 160GB X25-M G2. I still think it was a good deal compared to Raptor pricing years ago. Maybe it's poor logic, but for me, the improvement being quite a bit over any Raptor for an OS drive, while remaining in the under $500 ballpark sold me. I have a 40GB X25-V on the way too, because it was so cheap (110) and will make a great laptop drive for years to come.

I see no reason to wait, other than price, and people are expecting pricing to come down to HDD levels and that will be an extremely long wait. Other than higher throughput, which I welcome (I'll be buying the Intel SATA6gb drives), the major performance improvement is already here

G

F3's are not faster. The access time is slower. My ssd drives put F3's to shame.

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]fonzy[/nom]It's ridiculous how much they still charge for SSD's,when they drop to 100-200 dollar range I might retire my 36Gb Raptor....other than that no thank you I can wait.[/citation]

Dude, 36GB Raptor pre-dates NCQ. You would get a massive gain out of a generic 7200 rpm drive at this point, since that one is only going to push 30-60MB/sec.

BoxBabaX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]mistred[/nom]F3's are not faster. The access time is slower. My ssd drives put F3's to shame.[/citation]

He was saying the F3 >> Raptor, and hes right.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]It is ridiculous how many cheap chumps keep commenting on price. It's new technology, what do youwant them to give them to you for free. If you can't afford the steak and lopster don't look at it, lookat the salid bar.[/citation]

Steak and Lopster don't cost $1700 ;)

G

I think the speed is more than fast enough...
If they could focus now on small, low power, and low cost, then we'd be even more happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.