Question Corsair ML120 PRO RGB

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
I've been eyeing to get six ML120s, however I wasn't sure how their connectors would work? In the included Lightning Node Pro, will I be able to connect all 6 fans and then connect that hub to my motherboard? And what about powering them? Do they get their power from the hub in the same cable or a different one?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi

Depending on the model, the Node Pro has for two aRGB 3 pin connections for lighting control. I've seen some online that have just the two 3 pin sRGB headers and some with the same two 3 pin headers and 4 fan 4 pin headers.

Each fan has a 4 pin for the fan operation and a 3 pin for the RGB.

The Node will come with a cable to plug into one of the 9 pin USB headers on the motherboard. This will allow control of the lighting connected to the Node through Corsair's iCUE.

If the Node has only the two 3 pin aRGB headers, you'll have to plug your fans into the motherboard (should if you can so you can control fan speeds). Even if you have the Node with 4 pin fan headers I'd plug them into the motherboard if possible for better control. You can use the Corsair software to control the fans but I'd prefer motherboard control, that's just me.

At this time Gigabyte Fusion cannot be controlled by iCUE. The master control of all lighting is not possible across different vendors. They are all trying to push their own RGB products and there is no industry standard as of yet for RGB control.

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
Depending on the model, the Node Pro has for two aRGB 3 pin connections for lighting control. I've seen some online that have just the two 3 pin sRGB headers and some with the same two 3 pin headers and 4 fan 4 pin headers.

Each fan has a 4 pin for the fan operation and a 3 pin for the RGB.

The Node will come with a cable to plug into one of the 9 pin USB headers on the motherboard. This will allow control of the lighting connected to the Node through Corsair's iCUE.

If the Node has only the two 3 pin aRGB headers, you'll have to plug your fans into the motherboard (should if you can so you can control fan speeds). Even if you have the Node with 4 pin fan headers I'd plug them into the motherboard if possible for better control. You can use the Corsair software to control the fans but I'd prefer motherboard control, that's just me.

At this time Gigabyte Fusion cannot be controlled by iCUE. The master control of all lighting is not possible across different vendors. They are all trying to push their own RGB products and there is no industry standard as of yet for RGB control.
So you're telling me the Node I get in the box is random? If I get the one without support for the fans then what can I do? Cause I only have two SYS_FAN headers.