News Corsair One a100 Packs 16-Core AMD Ryzen CPU in a Compact Gaming Desktop

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Why is the pricing so weird? It costs $600 to replace a 500GB NVME with a 1TB NVME and nothing else going from low model to mid model. Then it costs only an additional $400 to replace the 2080 Super with a 2080Ti AND replace the 3900x with a 3950X? The retail price difference between those 2 pairs is about $700 at lowest.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Why is the pricing so weird? It costs $600 to replace a 500GB NVME with a 1TB NVME and nothing else going from low model to mid model. Then it costs only an additional $400 to replace the 2080 Super with a 2080Ti AND replace the 3900x with a 3950X? The retail price difference between those 2 pairs is about $700 at lowest.

Yeah, spotted that too! $600 for an extra 0.5TB as far as I can see. Must be a typo.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, spotted that too! $600 for an extra 0.5TB as far as I can see. Must be a typo.

A typo?
Not necessarily.
These systems with maxed out specs tend to cost a fortune for changing some basic stuff.
The OEM's think of it like a price premium product and something people will actually pay for.

If you find the initial configuration affordable, then just get that and upgrade individual components yourself.

Secondary Storage2TB 5400 RPM 2.5-inch HDD
A $4,000 computer and they put a low-end laptop drive in it, alongside a needlessly high-end SSD. What's the purpose of that slow drive supposed to be? I don't think anyone would want to install games to it, so I guess it's just for bulk storage. It seems like they could have easily slapped a much faster 2TB SATA SSD in there for the secondary storage, as some models can be had for around $200, only about 5% of the total cost of the system. Cut the NVMe boot drive back to a lower-end model, and the total cost of components wouldn't increase by much.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
You can build something better than this for around 2700.

But is it as compact?
Does it cool two radiators (effectively) using a single fan?
Does it look as good?
If your case is compact, do you relish in working in a cramped case to fit in two AIOs or a custom loop?

These kinds of special pre-builts are - in my opinion - the only kind that are worth anything. Purchasing a normal-size air-cooled computer, you're better off paying your local computer shop to build it for you.

Jun 17, 2020
But is it as compact?
Does it cool two radiators (effectively) using a single fan?
Does it look as good?
If your case is compact, do you relish in working in a cramped case to fit in two AIOs or a custom loop?

These kinds of special pre-builts are - in my opinion - the only kind that are worth anything. Purchasing a normal-size air-cooled computer, you're better off paying your local computer shop to build it for you.
This! The corsair one is the only pre-built I'd happily buy. It's well put together and really small (unlike certain sff's)