Question Corsair PSUs, LINK and iCUE Software

lottaphotos4

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2013
Hi. Just a quick question that I'm not seeing a clear answer for anywhere online.

I have a Corsair HXI 750 (with the LINK port).
I may need to replace my PSU (seperate posting/question to follow).

From what I've read, it looks like Corsair is no longer making LINK compatible PSUs, instead going with iCUE compatible PSUs, but what I don't see is if/how you will still be able to access the PSU data that you could get over LINK.
I see a port on the new PSUs for RGB, but nothing labled "Comms" or "Data".

I'm interested for two reasons; first, so I can monitor some of the performance data on the PSU, as an early warning of a problem.
And I'd like the ability (through LINK or iCUE) to adjust the PSU fan curve if necessary.
(I'm fine with monitoring via Corsair iCUE, as I already run that for several other components.)

So question....are the new Corsair PSUs (modular only please) going to be have what I'm looking for?
Specifically the higher end PSUs (RMX, HX or AX).
Looking in the 750-860w range. Not interested in the AX1600. Way too much power (my system power draw estimate is just under 600w).

Just want ot know which PSU's to look at.
(Currently only looking at Corsair modular PSUs.)

Thank you.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

What you're asking for, is a digital PSU that outputs data for user to read.

From Corsair lineup, and probably the most suitable one to you, would be AX860i. That digital monitoring is expensive to produce and is only used in high-end consumer PSUs or server PSUs. Most consumer PSUs do without it, since most people doesn't care what PSU outputs. And those who do care, can check it up from HWinfo64, for free.

Other PSUs, who have offered the PSU monitor, include NZXT E-series. And i think i saw some Asus and Be Quiet! units to do same as well, the high-end ones.

Edit: looked around a bit and Thermaltake also offers that monitoring feature with several of their PSUs,
Tt lineup: https://www.thermaltake.com/products/power-supply.html?cat=81
Though, i wouldn't buy Tt PSU. Tt isn't that good when it comes to PSUs. Though, some Tt units are good, but it would be best to avoid them completely.

Hi. Just a quick question that I'm not seeing a clear answer for anywhere online.

I have a Corsair HXI 750 (with the LINK port).
I may need to replace my PSU (seperate posting/question to follow).

From what I've read, it looks like Corsair is no longer making LINK compatible PSUs, instead going with iCUE compatible PSUs, but what I don't see is if/how you will still be able to access the PSU data that you could get over LINK.
I see a port on the new PSUs for RGB, but nothing labled "Comms" or "Data".

I'm interested for two reasons; first, so I can monitor some of the performance data on the PSU, as an early warning of a problem.
And I'd like the ability (through LINK or iCUE) to adjust the PSU fan curve if necessary.
(I'm fine with monitoring via Corsair iCUE, as I already run that for several other components.)

So question....are the new Corsair PSUs (modular only please) going to be have what I'm looking for?
Specifically the higher end PSUs (RMX, HX or AX).
Looking in the 750-860w range. Not interested in the AX1600. Way too much power (my system power draw estimate is just under 600w).

(Currently only looking at Corsair modular PSUs.)

Thank you.

Link and iCUE are the same thing. They just changed the name. iCUE software works with "LINK enabled" PSUs. Your HXi works with iCUE.

There is only one Corsair PSU with RGB. That's the CX-F. The only function this PSU has with iCUE is the ability to control the lighting. Nothing more. So, to date, the HXi and AXi are the only "iCUE enabled" PSUs available.

lottaphotos4

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2013
Thank you to both Jonnyguru and Aeacus with your replies. Definitely what I needed to hear.

-Yes Aeacus, the AXI 860 was near the top of my list from what research I'd done (along with the 700), if I actually do need to grab a new one. And I ppreciate you clarifying what I was asking for (Digital PSU that outputs data). Helps to know what the heck I'm looking for. LOL

-Jonnyguru I had heard they were the same thing, with iCUE being the newer version. Thank you for the confirmation on that, as well as confirming what I'd seen, that only HXI and AXI are iCUE "enabled".