Corsair "quiet edition" fans are really loud. How can I fix this?

Jul 28, 2015
I rebuit my computer, new eveything. My old full tower case used to have fan control, but my new mid tower case doesn't. I installed 3 corsair quiet edition fans, and for my corsair h100i v2 two more quiet edition fans. So a total of 2 140s and 3 120s.

The fans are super loud from the moment I turn the computer on. It's like a super annoying loud two-toned hum.

My old fans were not quiet edition, yet even at full speed they were much quieter.

In the bios I don't see anywhere to control this aside from manually typing in the rpm. The only mode I can choose is smart fan mode. My motherboard is the msi gaming pro carbon.

I think they are moving at full speed because when I clicked on the bios setting to have them move at full speed nothing changed.

The two for the h100i are moving around 1456rpm and the rest at 819rpm.
Also average pc temperature is around 30°C

Solution
Are your fans plugged into the motherboard, or are you using some type of splitter? I have 4 Corsair AF fans and an MSI X99 Gaming 7 board and I'm able to control the RPM of all of them through Hardware Monitor in BIOS, they are extremely quiet at anything under 1200 RPM. For your radiator though, you should be using high pressure fans, not airflow fans.

EDIT: "h100i are moving around 1456rpm" that's why it's so loud, Superninja is correct, the fans you have probably don't have PWM, Corsair's only fans that come with a PWM function are the SP series

Silverbear

Honorable
Feb 24, 2015
Are your fans plugged into the motherboard, or are you using some type of splitter? I have 4 Corsair AF fans and an MSI X99 Gaming 7 board and I'm able to control the RPM of all of them through Hardware Monitor in BIOS, they are extremely quiet at anything under 1200 RPM. For your radiator though, you should be using high pressure fans, not airflow fans.

EDIT: "h100i are moving around 1456rpm" that's why it's so loud, Superninja is correct, the fans you have probably don't have PWM, Corsair's only fans that come with a PWM function are the SP series

Solution
Jul 28, 2015

That's what is so weird about my fans. They are connected directly to the motherboard, and I cannot control them. I thought I could at least change the rpm manually, but I can't even change that. They show up in hardware monitor, but don't give me many options. Just the option to change between full speed and default, which seems to be exactly the same. And the fans for my radiator should be high pressure, they are what came with it.

TRENDING THREADS