[SOLVED] corsair ram with gskill

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I bought corsair rgb 3200 MHz ram, if i mix it with a 16 GB stick 3200 MHz from g skill, even though its a different brand and the timings are a bit off? It wont be dual channel, the corsair ram is dual channel but the stick form g skill will be single.

Solution
There are 100s of threads (or more) on the site that recommend against mixing memory, in terms of optimal use. The memory may play well together, and it may not. For best results, you should install matching memory.

You could be forced to run the memory at slower than rated speeds, for example, to get them to cooperate. You really won't know for sure until you try them.

BTW, what specific models are you considering?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are 100s of threads (or more) on the site that recommend against mixing memory, in terms of optimal use. The memory may play well together, and it may not. For best results, you should install matching memory.

You could be forced to run the memory at slower than rated speeds, for example, to get them to cooperate. You really won't know for sure until you try them.

Solution

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

i bought these https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb...&cm_re=corsair_rgb_ram-_-20-236-416-_-Product

and im considering this one
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232090?Item=N82E16820232090

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is this memory going in an AMD or Intel based rig?

The G.Skill is optimized for Intel, but will work in an AMD rig. I don't see the combo of those linked models being particularly well matched.

Why not just go with matching memory?

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Is this memory going in an AMD or Intel based rig?

The G.Skill is optimized for Intel, but will work in an AMD rig. I don't see the combo of those linked models being particularly well matched.

Why not just go with matching memory?
AMD, i chose it for price preference but if you say its not match able, im fine with waiting a bit to buy the corsair ram