Corsair Reveals Magnetic Levitation Fans And Enters Graphics Card Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Those must have been older designs. The newer models with sealed bearings, that can't be removed from the fan chassis itself, don't have that issue. I don't recall having that issue on my older Noctua fans either. Maybe one really old one that was in a horizontal configuration. Never seen them do that when mounted vertically though. The newer sealed bearings have no issues horizontal or vertical.

Love the idea behind that kinetic cooler, though somehow I recall it being in the hands of a different company in the beginning, can't remember the name of it, thought it started with an S. Captherm's MP-1240 Multiphase CPU Cooler is also something to see. Can't help but wonder if maybe both solutions are too costly to create mainstream offerings, despite that Captherm's cooler was shown at last year's computex, packaged and looking ready for sale. I really thought the kinetic cooler would've debuted by now tbh.

A bit of sarcasm from the prior post about using these as case fans. I guess it didn't come off as obvious as I thought a $30 high static pressure fan would make that sound. My bad.

PunkNugget

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.