[SOLVED] Corsair RM750i - EPS Connector and PCIE Connectors interchangeable?

Feb 22, 2020
Hello,

I was wondering, if I can plug in the 4+4 CPU (EPS) Conector into the PCIE slot on my Corsair RM750i.

I am aware, that the mainboard part is keyed differently and therefor not interchangeable. But both the EPS and PCIE Slot on the power supply look identical. From what I have read, this is possible (which allows to use two EPS cables with the RM750i).

Could someone confirm this please?

Solution
I have an AX1200i that uses the same setup for the CPU and Pci-e cables as the rm750i. The pinout on the PSU side of the cables is the same the component side however is reversed.

I believe what Screwy Sqrl is referring to is plugging the component end of the 8-pin eps cable into a 8-pin pci-e connector will lead to the death of the PSU and/or GPU. Plugging a pci-e into the EPS of the motherboard would kill the psu and/or motherboard.

bignastyid

Titan
I have an AX1200i that uses the same setup for the CPU and Pci-e cables as the rm750i. The pinout on the PSU side of the cables is the same the component side however is reversed.

I believe what Screwy Sqrl is referring to is plugging the component end of the 8-pin eps cable into a 8-pin pci-e connector will lead to the death of the PSU and/or GPU. Plugging a pci-e into the EPS of the motherboard would kill the psu and/or motherboard.

Solution