Question Corsair RM750X connect (not with psu included) a third PCI-E cable?

Thegovahnator

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a RM750X PSU, it ships with 2x PCI-E cables (4 Connectors total).
I want to use 2 GPU's in the PC, 1 needing 3 connectors and the other needing 2 connectors. So i am one PCI-E cable short.

I have done research and found that the 6+2 PCI-E slot and the 4+4 CPU slots in the PSU are the same and interchangeable, only needing a different end of the input cable depending on using it for a GPU or CPU.
From my understanding this means i am a PCI-E cable short but not a PCI-E port since i have another 6+2/4+4 port on the PSU available, ment for a second 4+4 pin CPU in case the motherboard/CPU needs it .

I actually have another RM750X around from which i could take a 6+2 PCI cable to use for this purpose. The total Power draw was already calculated and will come to 500W max so also no issue here.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks in advance

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello Everyone,

I have a RM750X PSU, it ships with 2x PCI-E cables (4 Connectors total).
I want to use 2 GPU's in the PC, 1 needing 3 connectors and the other needing 2 connectors. So i am one PCI-E cable short.

I have done research and found that the 6+2 PCI-E slot and the 4+4 CPU slots in the PSU are the same and interchangeable, only needing a different end of the input cable depending on using it for a GPU or CPU.
From my understanding this means i am a PCI-E cable short but not a PCI-E port since i have another 6+2/4+4 port on the PSU available, ment for a second 4+4 pin CPU in case the motherboard/CPU needs it .

I actually have another RM750X around from which i could take a 6+2 PCI cable to use for this purpose. The total Power draw was already calculated and will come to 500W max so also no issue here.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks in advance
What video cards and the rest of the parts used?

In general if the PSU doesn't have the proper cables don't use it.

Thegovahnator

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2015
What video cards and the rest of the parts used?

In general if the PSU doesn't have the proper cables don't use it.

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA and PNY XLR8 2080TI
32 GB Ram

It's my gaming setup but keeping the 2080 TI to mine together with the 3080.

Currently mining with the 3080, total Power draw of computer (measured with a meter at powerplug) is 315W while mining.
The 2080 TI uses 135W while mining. I power limit the cards, both at full power would be an issue, but they can't run SLI for games so..

This means i would have a total power draw of 450W on the PC from the socket using both cards for mining.
The other RM750x i have (still new in the box) of which i want to use the cable is also the exact same 2018 model PSU.

The corsair RM850X ships with a third PCI-E cable FYI

Last edited: