Review Corsair RM850x Shift 850W ATX 3.1 Power Supply Review

Any plans of including 200% GPU load testing for ATX 3.1 verification?

The statement "Voltage regulation is particularly impressive on this unit, with the 12V rail maintaining a tight regulation of 1.1%." does not confirm the performance from the 12HPWR connector as per ATX 3.1 spec...

DS426

Upstanding
May 15, 2024
I'm finding it harder to justify an 80Plus "Gold" rating on anything over $150 today; "Platinum" doesn't usually have too much markup relative to today's and especially tomorrow's electricity prices. Sure, many are penny-pinched and already don't care to spend what a proper quality PSU costs, but for me internally and my general recommendation, I'm holding this line.

I don't have anything against CWT but I'd also have the most warm fuzzies if it were Seagate.

waltc3

Honorable
Aug 4, 2019
Good review. I bought one awhile back, and I'm not all that pleased with it. It didn't come with a paper manual outlining which devices the ports are meant for--and there were no decals on the side denoting the connectors--like I see in the image here! I couldn't find a breakdown on the Corsair site, either, at the time I bought it--last Thanksgiving. It must have just hit the market. From what I remember reading, it also uses custom power cabling. None of this was made evident in the review I read before buying it! This PSU is in my 7800x3d AM5 box. I have an HX-850 Corsair in my AM4 3900X box that's been in use 5 years and is still going strong. If I had to do it again, I'd have bought a standard PSU. I bought it for a new case for the 7800x3d CPU, a Lian Li Lancool 216--a very nice case for anyone who is interested at a decent price.

Co BIY

Splendid
I'm finding it harder to justify an 80Plus "Gold" rating on anything over $150 today; "Platinum" doesn't usually have too much markup relative to today's and especially tomorrow's electricity prices. Sure, many are penny-pinched and already don't care to spend what a proper quality PSU costs, but for me internally and my general recommendation, I'm holding this line.

I don't have anything against CWT but I'd also have the most warm fuzzies if it were Seagate.

Seasonic ?

I am looking forward to a review of the new V4 Focus line.

TRENDING THREADS