Corsair STRAFE RGB Silent Keyboard On Sale; Cherry MX Blue Variant Optional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skhmt

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
The Strafe RGB Silent has been shipping from Corsair directly for three weeks already.

Source: I bought one on October 5th and it was delivered on the 8th.

Skhmt

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
The Strafe RGB Silent has been shipping from Corsair directly for three weeks already.

Source: I bought one on October 5th and it was delivered on the 8th.

demonkoryu

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Fixed LED controller? This one is actually better than the K70. I was about to get a blackwidow chroma for proper 16 million colors, but it looks like the strafe rgb silent will replace my ducky shine...

To each their own. I have owned a K90 (my work keyboard now) and a K95 RGB and I wouldn't buy anything else. They work great and are built very well (love the brushed aluminum design instead of all plastic). Sure I could get one of the cheaper Logitech gaming keyboards but they tend to break a lot faster. Logitech does, however, makes great mice still and I love my G502.

Wish they were cheaper but you can get them on sale. I got my K95 RGB for $150 at Frys on sale one day which is not too bad considering the thing can be used for any game type and cool effects.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I thought Corsair had cased selling RGB Cherry MX blues because they were difficult to manufacturer and weren't in demand?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=751211&postcount=86]

"Due to extremely low yield on RGB blue switch, it is not possible for Corsair to continue production on this product. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for patience thus far, please contact our Customer Service if you have an open order with Corsair and waiting for fulfillment. For those of you who do not need RGB but still want Cherry MX blue switches, we ARE producing the non-RGB K70/K95 keyboards with Cherry MX blue switches.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify it more though. First I want to apologize that we didn't announce it earlier. We ultimately made the decision to discontinue the Cherry MX Blue during the company shutdown so our distributors would know and react accordingly. We felt that it was best most of the customers who had pre-orders know right away rather than wait even longer for us to return to make it public.

Second, MX RGB Blue switches were difficult to create in the first place and we had constant issues of not having enough from Cherry due to their limited production capacity as they were also producing RGB MX Red/Brown and single-LED MX Red/Blue/Brown keys.

Third, Cherry MX Blue as a key overall isn't a very popular switch in comparison to Red and Brown. This may be contrary to what many believe but based on the volume of what we've been asked to produce, Cherry MX Blue is vastly outsold by Red and Brown MX (both RGB and single LED). This isn't just from a single region either and ultimately played a role in our decision to discontinue the MX Blue RGB.

We do apologize for those who were anticipating this version of our Corsair Gaming RGB Keyboards. For those customers who have issues with their already-purchased MX Blue RGB keyboards, our customer service are prepared to assist you accordingly. Feel free to post or PM me any questions or concerns you may have and I'll address them personally.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding."

It looks very nice. Love the different color zones, but I love my simple Rosewill, metal cased Cherry MX Brown the most. it just has to have good mechanical clacky switches for me. Brown's are my favorite, but I have a high end at home with Blue, so I guess I would get the blue. I love the noise and how they feel.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
I thought Corsair had cased selling RGB Cherry MX blues because they were difficult to manufacturer and weren't in demand?

Things have changed since that announcement. Cherry has greatly improved their production capabilities and addded resources to meet the ever-growing demand of their switches. Blue switches may not be as popular compared to Reds and Browns, there's still an audience for them. So we figured, why not give it another shot. I don't think the volume of production for Blues will ever match Reds and Browns, but to have it now as an option is a plus for our customers.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

Last time I checked, towards the end of Q4. Also depends on how fast we can get them into regional channels.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Blues are actually more audible when typing/gaming compared to Reds and Browns. It's the switch that is less sensitive than red and close to the Brown's actuation force.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

Damn. I ddint went with a k95 rgb with a brown switch, and I settle for one because corsair said they wouldnt make any more. So is there any way I can RMA this and get a blue switch, which is what I wanted in the first place?

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

That will be up to our customer service to decide if they can or cannot. But I'd suggest that you before you ask them that favor, I'd wait for the Blue switches first to be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS