Corsair Unleashes Flash Voyager GTX This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceTorch

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Its happening. Soon flash drives will be replaced with NAND and a 16, 32gb, 64gb stick will be cheap. 500gb/1TB ssds will be under $100. I'll give it 5 years or maybe I'm just dreaming? :)

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
These look like red clones of the Patriot Supersonic Magnum line. I personally have the 128GB version, but they come in 256GB as well. The real amazing thing here is the read and write speed. Practically speaking, when transferring large amounts of data, I tend to get around 90-180MBps of speed. These seem to really kick that up a notch, but I'd have to see it to really trust numbers that high. All in all, these look pretty great. If it ain't broken, make it go faster.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
These look like red clones of the Patriot Supersonic Magnum line. I personally have the 128GB version, but they come in 256GB as well. The real amazing thing here is the read and write speed. Practically speaking, when transferring large amounts of data, I tend to get around 90-180MBps of speed. These seem to really kick that up a notch, but I'd have to see it to really trust numbers that high. All in all, these look pretty great. If it ain't broken, make it go faster.

Got SanDisk Extreme 32 GB, also gets 100-200 MB/s speeds. Use it as a multi-install USB (Windows 7, Ubuntu, Debian, etc) - new images get copied there at nearly 200 MB/s (that's 3-5 seconds for an Ubuntu ISO :D) and booting from the thing is lightning fast. Selected it using this article by Tom's: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/usb-3.0-thumb-drive-review,3477.html It proves that you really get what you pay for: most """USB 3.0""" pen drives on the market are slow junk, but top stuff like our drives are amazing. Watching my friends rage in jealousy when it takes me a few seconds to copy a big movie through USB 3.0 is fun! :D

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
@amk-aka-Phantom, I could not agree with you more. There's nothing more satisfying then watching one friend copy a file on a 2.0 flash drive for 20 minutes, and then doing it after them as they watch in less than 20 seconds. I can't say much about the flash drives in this article speed wise, but I can say that the outside casing is literally IDENTICAL to the flash drive that I have, and I can attest to the sturdiness of the drive against wear and tear. I've had this for over a year and I use it frequently. I would certainly be interested in this for the speed, but since the one I have is already fast enough for my needs, I'll skip purchasing this one. To anyone who doesn't have a 128GB+ 3.0 flash drive, get one ASAP. It'll last, and you'll be very pleased with it.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Its happening. Soon flash drives will be replaced with NAND and a 16, 32gb, 64gb stick will be cheap. 500gb/1TB ssds will be under $100. I'll give it 5 years or maybe I'm just dreaming? :)

I guess we have the same dreams then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS