[SOLVED] Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3600 2x16GB running at 2133 instead of 3600.

spenmich

Reputable
Apr 10, 2016
I recently bought some new RAM for my B450 ITX ASRock motherboard (2600X, 1060 6GB). In CPU-Z, the DRAM is showing normally (all 32gb) but the speed is lower than expected, listing as DDR4-2133 instead of the DDR4-3600. I've tried using the default XMP profile, a manual XMP profile (changing the frequency and voltages appropriatley) but nothing is changing. What can I do? Is this just faulty RAM I should return? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Silly me. The 2600X's max RAM speed (as listed by AMD) is 2933. Still, why is it running only at 2133?

Solution
You should be able to hit that frequency. First, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update. Then once on the latest BIOS version, go into BIOS and see if you can manually input the timings, frequency and voltage for the ram(found on the sticker) and see if you're able to get to the advertised frequency.

Make and model of your PSU and cooling inside the case?

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to hit that frequency. First, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update. Then once on the latest BIOS version, go into BIOS and see if you can manually input the timings, frequency and voltage for the ram(found on the sticker) and see if you're able to get to the advertised frequency.

Make and model of your PSU and cooling inside the case?

Solution