Corsair Vengeance LPX with 200 series mobo. is it compatible?

Ima OpGamer

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
Im planning to build a gaming system and i have all the parts ready but the ram. I won a bid on ebay for

Corsair CMK8GX4M2A2133C13R Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133Mhz CL13

however, it says on corsairs website that this ram only works with x99 and 100 series mobos. I was wondering if any of you guys could help me in finding out if it works with 200 series motherboards or not. I already purchased the ram off the seller.

I also went on the website for the motherboard to see if the ram was supported or not and i couldnt find the model number for the ram.

http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B250M-D2V-rev-10#support-doc

My build will consist of :
Pentium g4560
Gigabyte GA 250M D2V
(Corsair CMK8GX4M2A2133C13R Vengeance 8gb)
gtx 1060

Solution
Won't be an issue. It's not been updated for a minute. If ram will run on a Z170 (100 series board) it'll run on a Z270. It's all ddr4. If you read further, it also says that when the mITX boards are released, lpx will be ready.

The QVL list is never complete. Or it would be massive. You can have different model numbers for every change, color, heatsink, speed, size, kit etc then multiply that by every vendor and you'd have a list several hundred pages long.

Ima OpGamer

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016

mines a b250, not z270.
I also went onto gigabyte's website to look if the ram is supported or not on the motherboard and the model number didnt appear or match.

the Kaby lake chips are pretty much identical to Skylake, so the memory controller on them should be nearly identical. B 250 should not be an issue either.

You can put kabylake in a Z170 board, and that RAM would be approved there, so if it were to not work, I would suspect many other things before the RAM compatibility.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Won't be an issue. It's not been updated for a minute. If ram will run on a Z170 (100 series board) it'll run on a Z270. It's all ddr4. If you read further, it also says that when the mITX boards are released, lpx will be ready.

The QVL list is never complete. Or it would be massive. You can have different model numbers for every change, color, heatsink, speed, size, kit etc then multiply that by every vendor and you'd have a list several hundred pages long.

Solution