Corsair Vengence K65 or Corsair Vengence K70

Moses148

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hi, I'm opting in for my first mechanical keyboard. I know the differences between the types of keys though i don't know which i prefer so at the moment your opinion would be nice. I'm gonna go with corsair as i love the aluminum on them. The bit I'm unsure of is which one of thew two to go with. The K65 is a nice keyboard (Cherry Mx red) at £60 but it doesn't have a number pad (which wouldn't be a problem if that was the only thing missing) and doesn't have any back lighting. Whereas the K70 has a choice of Red or Blue (brown unavailable at Amazon) which has red back lighting and a number pad for £105 - £110 (depending on key type). The price between the two is a bit of a gap and was wondering if that extra money is worth it or if i should just stick with the K65. (sorry for the large amount of text).

Solution

The only difference in the Cherry switches are the actuation force. Lower actuation force equals to faster registering. The cherry mx red have 45cN actuation force which means they register faster than lets say the cherry mx blacks which have 60cN actuation force because they are meant for gaming so they need to be faster.

See http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Moses148

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

I've heard that red are very easy to click, is that compared to other cherry mx switches or is it compared to rubber dome?

andreaszero

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015

The only difference in the Cherry switches are the actuation force. Lower actuation force equals to faster registering. The cherry mx red have 45cN actuation force which means they register faster than lets say the cherry mx blacks which have 60cN actuation force because they are meant for gaming so they need to be faster.

See http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

Solution