[SOLVED] Corsair VS 650

Headonastick

Reputable
Mar 23, 2020
I've just bought a used PC with this PSU, when I've gone to fit an SSD in addition to the regular drive I can only find a single lead to connect to the power I've not built a PC for 25 years and am wondering if I'm just being dumb? Any suggestions?

Solution
If it's the old VS650 ("VS" in orange on the side label), then there's one cable with two SATA connectors on it and then a second cable with one SATA, two "Molex" and one floppy.

If it's the current VS650 (gray label on the side) it should have two cables with three SATA connectors each and one cable with one SATA, two "Molex" and one floppy.
If it's the old VS650 ("VS" in orange on the side label), then there's one cable with two SATA connectors on it and then a second cable with one SATA, two "Molex" and one floppy.

If it's the current VS650 (gray label on the side) it should have two cables with three SATA connectors each and one cable with one SATA, two "Molex" and one floppy.

Solution

Headonastick

Reputable
Mar 23, 2020
I think it's the older one going off the cables, it's hidden in the case (Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 5). I got it todays and there was a regular hard drive installed so I unplugged that to swap it with the ssd and then fit another hard drive, like I said though I can't find the other power lead only the main sata connector.