Corsair VS450 + Ryzen 3 2200g

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
These are the parts that just arrive today:
MSI B350 Tomahawk
Ryzen 3 2200g
1x8 gb team elite 2400mhz ddr4

I just order this Corsair VS450 to replace my korean psu with questionable 600w.

Some recommend corsair because of the brand, but when I searched for this vs450, nobody likes it even if the brand is corsair. So my question is, is this enough to run my pc, play intensive games for 12 hours a day and not burn my pc and house down? No dgpu, just integrated gpu of 2200g. I won't be using this long, just enough for 3 months until i'm able to save again for better PSU.

Solution
Yes it is enough to run your PC. The VS is lower quality, typically meant for home/office PC's not gaming systems. But it will run your PC pretty well because you don't have a dedicated GPU.

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

There won't be any problem if I'm going to play games on this right? Even if I am going to use it more than 12 hours a day?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

I see. Thank you! I guess next upgrade will be a better psu worth $75 + gtx 1050ti.

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

Oh my god. While I was doing some research, I came across with this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXsATzwGh4
His Corsair VS450 exploded. Am I so far from this? Right? I mean I don't use dgpu... My pc will work just fine, right?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

To be exact, this is what's offered to me
Corsair Vs450 Apfc Power Supply 450watts the guy said this is 80+ bronze.

Edit: It's the yellow one. Is this better?

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

Not really the end goal. It's kind of "as I go along", the end goal would probably be Ryzen 7 and 1080ti, then wait till the rtx drops its price. For now I can only afford the Corsair vs450 but the guy that's selling me psu mentioned about corsair vs450 Apfc. Is there any difference between the Corsair vs450 and the one with the Corsair vs450 Apfc(the guy said this is a 80+ b certified)?

yeah the apfc is from circle and the other from corsair (might be wrong here) , nevertheless both are not ideal... what about a seasonic s12ii 520w or corsair cx 550w. might be 20 dollars more expensive now but those psus can run a 2080 in the future. also its safer now because of the voltage stability

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
ok so I'm decided now, after seeing that vid on YouTube, I was like convinced already not to buy the Corsair Vs450, I think this is ideal if you already blew every penny you have and you left yourself with no choice. You can use it or let those parts sit there for a while while you save couple more for a decent PSU. But. Since I still can squeeze something out of my wallet and me mommas purse, I think I'm gonna go with Seasonic s12ii 520w. Thanks for the insights guys! You all the best!