Corsair VS450 VS Antec VP450P I

Solution
if you can spare a bit more money get a better unit from the list above, else the antec is better quality compared to the corsair. it's still a budget psu so don't expect it to work miracles.

gilbadon

Distinguished
I am going to complicate this a bit. Those are tier 4 units. Very bad. What system are you trying to power?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

"Tier Four
No Japanese capacitors found. Only Taiwanese capacitors and may even include Chinese capacitors. Very basic safety circuits or even thin gauge wiring used. Not for gaming rigs or overclocking systems of any kind. Avoid unless your budget dictates your choice."

Manan_Cool

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
Cabinet : Corsair 300R
CPU : Intel Core i5 4690K Processor
Motherboard : MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard
Graphics Card : ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Strix DirectCUII 4 GB Graphics Card
Monitor : Dell S2240L
PSU : Corsair VS650
RAM : 1 X Kingston HyperX FURY Memory DDR3 8 GB PC (HX318C10F/8) and 1 X Kingston HyperX FURY Memory DDR3 4 GB PC (HX318C10F/4)

Putting a VS450 in that system is an insult to its hardware.
No offence CorsairJoseph, but that line of PSU's is crap.
The VP is better(tier 3), but the VS is tier 4.

Overclocking the 960 and the 4690K will require clean power. You should get a 550W/750W(if SLI) from Seasonic(the S12G/any M12), or Antec. Unfortunately, at this price range, there is no Corsair PSU of comparable or better quality that'll not become too expensive.

I'd advise you to keep some room in your PSU capacity for another 960/(970 if you decide to upgrade to one).

For such a build, always keep aside atleast 6000 for the PSU. Your i5 deserves it.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

None taken.. If you notice on my last post, I didn't even mention the VS model, all I suggested is the ideal wattage his system will require. Because I myself will not be too comfortable putting an entry level PSU in that kind of system.

Manan_Cool

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
Though I know its not good to power my system from such a PSU, still, I am tight on budget and want best components at reasonable costs. I am not at all interested in Overclockings and SLIs.... Can these be good for such purposes???

You are getting a processor that costs 19000 rupees and cutting corners where it actually counts.
Please don't. If you simply don't have the money, get only one stick of RAM(say the 4GB one) and play entry level games until you can afford another stick. But don't skimp on the power supply. I have had to change 3 power supplies because of this.

Overclocking is a feature you'll want to have(my processor was very slow in the end, and I regretted not being able to overclock it. Yours is a processor that can easily gain 20% more performance by overclocking, which will come in very handy later).

But you'll have to get a new power supply - get a good 550W or so PSU. It's the most(not one of the most) important components in a system such as this.

Prdp

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Antec VP is present in Tier Three not Tier Four