Corsair's Graphite 380T: No-Compromise Mini-ITX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
This will make a nice portable lan gamer but the ncase m1 is the greatest mini itx case ro ever be produced. Do your research the ncase m1 is tiny as hell while allowing for TRIPLE slot gpu's. Basically any gpu on the market can fit into this thing. The way the venting is set up you can remove the shroud and fans off the gpu and use the case fans blowing cold air directly onto the gpu. then a 240mm cpu cooler on the other open vented side. And this thing is tiny so space efficient. It's almost 200 dollars when all is said and done to buy it but it's factually and objectively the best portable gaming lan party pc case.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
I'm really unimpressed by this case; it's not really what I'd call small, yet it seems to have a lot of wasted space. I mean, the dimensions could easily fit a 200mm fan, yet we only get a comparatively small 140mm fan, but why? The NCase M1 makes far more efficient use of internal space for an overall small design, the only thing it really lacks is a carrying handle, but a good pair of straps can give you that if you need it.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
This will make a nice portable lan gamer but the ncase m1 is the greatest mini itx case ro ever be produced. Do your research the ncase m1 is tiny as hell while allowing for TRIPLE slot gpu's. Basically any gpu on the market can fit into this thing. The way the venting is set up you can remove the shroud and fans off the gpu and use the case fans blowing cold air directly onto the gpu. then a 240mm cpu cooler on the other open vented side. And this thing is tiny so space efficient. It's almost 200 dollars when all is said and done to buy it but it's factually and objectively the best portable gaming lan party pc case.
I actually own an NCase M1, and whilst I do agree that it is hands down the best Mini-ITX case there is, I disagree about it being the best LAN case -- to transport it I do not feel comfortable taking it with me as is, I need to put something around it, the box or something. I also love it too much to risk scratching it -- all factors that matter.
Also, it's pretty exclusive hardware, 200 USD and you need to be fairly well-timed or lucky to be able to get your hands on one.

Rammy

Honorable
Don't entirely understand the hate for this. It seem's like a pretty sensible move from Corsair given that the 250D seems to have gone down pretty well. As far as I can tell it shares the same basic internal layout (minus 5.25" bay) which depending on your perspective is either a plus or a minus - personally I'm not sold on side-exhausting given the layouts of many motherboards. I like the way it looks, even though it's definitely too wide, and it seems to have a nice set of features, even if the handle is a little gimmicky. Also, you can fit a 200mm fan in the front of this, which should mean that certain "230mm" fans will also fit. Does seem like they could have snuck in some ODD provision though, it's not like it's lacking in volume.

As for comparisons to the NCase M1, that seems a little unfair. When you factor in shipping+import taxes (as they don't sell them locally), the M1 could cost beyond double the price on this, which means it's hardly a direct competitor. In reality, it's probably bridging the gap to the likes of Caselabs which offer a more bespoke service.

XGrabMyY

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Why the shit can't we get a horizontal mounted full ATX case? ATX is fucking tiny and the footprint will be tiny when you mount horizontal because you can put the drives and PSU in a bay below the board. This layout is ideal for anyone who is gaming because of the insane stress giant GPUs put on the PCIe slot and the standard board mounting puts on the already beyond overweight GPU PCB.

The only other logical alternative would be a 90 degree mounting system like Silverstone uses, which is in all their super hideous and overpriced cases - so they aren't really an option.

Caselabs has a horizontal case, but it is unfortunately like 360US - http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8/

I really don't understand it, this is a no brainer.

Do_Huy

Reputable
Jun 14, 2014
If this thing came to where I live, I'll get it to replace my aging CM 120E. Look good for the price and the only thing I'll give up is the 5"25 bay which can be fix by using an external USB device. Good job Corsair

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
More interested in their new 780t which doesn't seem to be getting as much coverage. I already own a 600t and love the new look, but want to know if it really improves on the old one and what the differences are.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I like this one somewhat, I also like the corsair 250D, but un-fortunatly this case and BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Tower are the only mini-ITX cases I have found with a handle to carry them easily. personaly the prodigy by bitfenix

Why the shit can't we get a horizontal mounted full ATX case? ATX is fucking tiny and the footprint will be tiny when you mount horizontal because you can put the drives and PSU in a bay below the board. This layout is ideal for anyone who is gaming because of the insane stress giant GPUs put on the PCIe slot and the standard board mounting puts on the already beyond overweight GPU PCB.

The only other logical alternative would be a 90 degree mounting system like Silverstone uses, which is in all their super hideous and overpriced cases - so they aren't really an option.

Caselabs has a horizontal case, but it is unfortunately like 360US - http://www.caselabs-store.com/mercury-s8/

I really don't understand it, this is a no brainer.

What the heck are you talking about?
ATX boards are huge compared to mini-ITX, and you're linking to one of the biggest desktop cases I've seen.

Also, you're asking about horizontal ATX cases. They've been around for years and generally called HTPC ATX cases, plus you want it to mount horizontally so as not to be too tall but link to a case that is almost 19" tall.

David Dewis

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Not only that but all GPU's should be screwed into the PCB bracket anyway. Any Gpu that weighs enough to cause damage to itself or the PCI slot usually has a backplate or reinforcement plate anyway. If its fitted properly, there should be absolutely no strain on the PCI slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.